Library "Processing" Problem
  • Hi There,

I have 6 users all with Program Manager privileges but only one user can't access the library. This has happened a few time!

If I delete the user and create a new one it works fine. I don't think the installation has a problem since all other users can login and access the library fine.

Is there a way to fix this, maybe correct what went wrong? Could it be something wrong with the user account data? Can I possibly check what triggered the error through logs?

Thanks
    --Mc
  • 16 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    Have you tried to login with this username from your location?
    Does it also not work from your pc or only at users location?
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • I have tried it from different locations and PC's but that specific user will not work.

Could it be something that has to do with a database or something else?

I can provide any log files you may need to help me with this.

Thanks
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    whats the username? does it contain any special characters?
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
    color:red;mso-ansi-language:EN-ZA;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:
    AR-SA">Hi,

username: thegrindradio-new

before that it was just thegrindradio

• Vote Up0Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    I have tested creating a user with hyphens in the name and that seems to work on Airtime 2.5.0. Try looking for errors at the time of the failed login in /var/log/airtime/zendphp.log and /var/log/apache2/error.log

Cheers!

Daniel
  • Hi,

The user can login fine but can't access the library.

Looking at the log file (/var/log/airtime/zendphp.log) I can see something that happened round about the time when this problem happened:

2013-11-28T10:49:42+02:00 INFO (6): [index.php : () : line 71] - array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given
    2013-11-28T10:49:42+02:00 INFO (6): [index.php : () : line 73] - #0 [internal function]: exception_error_handler(2, 'array_key_exist...', '/usr/share/airt...', 1270, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/airtime/application/models/Preference.php(1270): array_key_exists('ColReorder', NULL)

Attached if snippet of the log file.

The apache error log file doesn't seem to show anything off.

Thanks
    This looks like the same error as http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/comment/25369
    I have filed a bug ticket http://dev.sourcefabric.org/browse/CC-5588 which you can use to track the issue.

Thanks for the report!

Daniel

Just for the record, which version of Airtime are you running? Have you made any modifications to the code? I cannot find any references to the set-library-datatable.phtml file mentioned in the first error:
    2013-11-28T10:46:16+02:00 INFO (6): [index.php : () : line 71] - script 'usersettings/set-library-datatable.phtml' not found in path (/usr/share/airtime/application/views/scripts/)

• Hi,

Still running 2.4.0 and I haven't made any changes. It was a normal airtime easy install.

I appreciate you looking into this.
  • Hi,
     I am experiencing this exact problem at this time. I looked at the silan log and it says that there are 2 files not processed... I wonder if this has anything to do with it? 

It just so happens that I am an admin, so this error also prevents me from seeing a User listing, etc... Very strange. Luckily we had another admin account set up, and I am able to log into that account and access everything without any issues.

Please let me know if any logs or output would be helpful.

dave
  • Just to add:

I was running 2.4.0 when the problem started occurring. I was moving files from the library into a show in the Calendar screen. All of a sudden, the Library view changed to 'processing' and persisted, even in the Library menu view. 
    The account I was using was actually an 'admin' account. Luckily, we have another... I logged in as the other admin, and attempted to delete the problem account (as I had read this would work). The program would not let me delete the bad account.

I then upgraded to 2.5.1 and the problem persists. The one admin account still only displays the 'processing' text on any library screen.

dave
  • Alas, the problem is solved... It seems is was to do with selection of the show/hide columns... they were all deselected for some reason. When I selected them back, nothing happened until I selected the 'owner' column.

All's well that ends well!
  • Today I had exactly the same problem with one user account that was not able 'to process' the library.

The solution with Selecting the column 'Owner' in show/hide columns solved the issue.

Thanks Dave !
  • This should be reported in the BUGS section?
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • Hi All,

The solution also worked for me :-)

Thank you very much DAVE
    Post edited by Mcebo at 2014-01-13 04:22:12
    Hi John, the bug was filed as http://dev.sourcefabric.org/browse/CC-5588 and I have updated the ticket with the workaround.

Cheers!

Daniel