Live Show with usb audio interface
  • Hi, People.

I want to broadcast from my mixer and mic with an external usb audio card (input line).
    How i can configure it? In streams menu?

Thanks.

João Machdo
    Post edited by João Machado at 2013-07-13 13:03:13
  • 8 Comments sorted by
  • connect to either m3w or butt ,chose the appropriate sound options/preference .
     Are you using the mixer usb or another.?
    Should not matter though
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-07-13 14:58:50
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Hi. I`m using a normal mixer without usb. My sound card is usb.

How can intall butt. I already download it.

Thanks.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    that's a generic problem not an airtime problem
    but depending of your OS and if the soundcard is connected to the airtime server or another machine...
  • It connected to the server machine, is a Behringer usb audio card. but my problem as a linux beginner, is that i don`t know how to install butt. i known that it's not a airtime problem. What i want to do is live shows with my behringer mixer, my mic, and with butt streamer program connect to airtime server, like in normal radio switching between schedule programs ant live acts. Thanks.
    have you another soundcard in your machine ?
    if not, normally your soundcars is yet recognized by the system
    to be sure install alsa-tools
    and butt is really well documented everywhere on google ;-)
  • Yes, I have it, on board...well i try a few tutorials, but none have work yet :) System tell me that is install, but i can`t run it because i can`t find it in programs menu...
    the first thing to do, if you have a soundcard in your machine, is deactivate it (more simple)
    and after, normally all sounds (in and out) will pass by your usb soundcard
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich

It connected to the server machine, is a Behringer usb audio card. but my problem as a linux beginner, is that i don`t know how to install butt. i known that it's not a airtime problem.

maybe this can help on howto install butt on ubuntu http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/15570/butt-tool-in-ubuntu-12-04-solved/p1
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.