Butt tool in Ubuntu 12.04 (Solved)
  • Can someone please point me to the exact steps to install butt tool in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS?

Thanks.
    Post edited by Anthony Bouchard at 2013-06-19 10:50:42
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Solved

Okay for occasional or new Linux users like me...I found the easiest way to install butt was to use a repository like ppa:ys/radio-battletoads -- details here: https://launchpad.net/~ys/+archive/radio-battletoads

• I do not like ppa. They sometimes break with simple updates like on my mediacenter,giving me no sound.and hours of trying to sort it out

I have installed  Butt on both 32bit and 64Bit. on Ubuntu 12.04

the 64bit requires you to install ia32-libs  [butt is a 32 bit application] and to use applicable versions of libportaudio and libfltk1.1-dev and libfltk1.3-dev found in the software center.

you will also need to disable portaudio ( I did not find a way around this) but it tend to grab the sound card first and I think the interface for BuTT is GTK so you need to install

sudo apt-get install build-essential libc6-dev libglib2.0-dev libjack-dev jackd libvorbis-dev libsamplerate0-dev libsndfile1-dev python-gtk2-dev libmpg123-dev libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev libtwolame-dev libflac-dev python-mutagen libspeex-dev libmp3lame0-dev libvorbis-dev portaudio libfltk-dev python-fltk libjpeg8-dev

and
    for 64 bits computer
    sudo apt-get install ia32-libs

it took me 5 - 15 minutes using the tar file,I did not compile it (just use ./install.sh) in the directory untar.

I will do it on a clean install and write up next week or soon as I get the time

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.