• Vote Up2Vote Down Cliff WangCliff Wang
    You can install it by:

sudo apt-get install airtime

or download from: 

Changelog:
    • Bug fixes 
    • Security fixes with special user name
    • Global cross-fade setting
    • waveform preview (Chrome/Chromium only until firefox adds for HTML5 support)
    • Columns in library table indicating whether a track is scheduled and whether it's in a playlist
    • AAC support (Ubuntu Precise 12.04+ or Debian Squeeze or higher)
    • Opus support (for input files/webstreams and output webstreams - Opus output stream requires Icecast 2.4+. See more here https://wiki.sourcefabric.org/x/KgPQ)
    • Unofficial AAC+ support (Add AAC+ https://wiki.sourcefabric.org/x/NgPQ)
    • Show linking - when multiple shows are linked, content that is scheduled in one show is scheduled in the others as well
    • Monthly repeating shows can now be done by day of the month (every second Monday), instead of simply by numeric value
    • Library view can expand to entire screen
    Notes:
    • We highly recommend Ubuntu Precise (12.04), or Debian Wheezy as OS of choice. Ubuntu Lucid (10.04) and Debian Squeeze will work but have much older packages with many bugs (too many to list here). 
    • Lucid (Ubuntu 10.04) users. We recommend you update your PHP version to 5.4 as the version included has many date/time bugs. http://www.upubuntu.com/2012/03/how-to-upgrade-install-php-540-under.html
    Cloud Radio -> http://airtime.pro
  • 36 Comments sorted by
  • Really good. Installing AAC+ encoding is very easy with your manual. Thanks for your very good work!
  • Vote Up1Vote Down Cliff WangCliff Wang
    Currently, 2.4 has pypo problem:
    Some of the scheduled contents won't be played.
    Workaround is to restart airtime-playout engine. We are working on a fix for this problem.
  • When will the new version 2.4.1 of airtime?
    I'm tired of restarting modules.
  • Vote Up1Vote Down Cliff WangCliff Wang
    Will start testing on 2.4.1 in this or next week. Pretty busy these days :)
  • Great work, thanks team!
    100.3 FM in Waterloo, ON, Canada
    www.soundfm.ca
  • Thx it is great work.But i.m instaling this software one weak.I,have problem.Im runing ubuntu 12.04 on vps now with parallels control panel.When all is set up i,m cant login to or cant find login page.Airtime please give me full deatels how to install this software on vps with allredy instaled parallels control panel.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    don't forget to talk about airtime around you ;-)
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    Show-Linking & Crossfading rock, good work.
    But I got to mention a few things in short:

- Library: Scheduled-Column should only mark Shows which are scheduled in a future show.

- Statusbar: When playing a File "Current:" shows Metadata of (not connected) ShowSource instead of File

- Statusbar: "Current:" should also show remaining time of Track/File (this did work until v2.2 afaik)

- Scheduler: Editing a recurring show (change from everyday 7:00AM-7:07AM to only Monday) and link the shows causes a failure in the calendar: Everything looks fine, but the Monday-Show gets also scheduled on friday for two times after this changes. Not possible to delete or change this items.
    The same with older weekly recurring shows. The same situation as reported with beta1.
    This problem does not only occur with edited shows.
    Also untouched shows scheduled in v.2.3 are messed up in scheduler.
    Shows from any day are doubled, tripled or quaded up on Friday too. Cannot delete anything. Really annoying. Looks like I got to setup Airtime from scratch and reschedule about 200 shows per week ;-(

- Add/Edit Show: The Buttons "Who" and "Record&Rebroadcast" should swap places.
        You normally need to set "Live Stream Input" and "Who". Those should stick together.

2.4 looks really nice! But upgrading guided me to hell.
    Since we got so many Live-Shows these days, I'm going to reinstall Airtime Monday Night!
    1592 x 744 - 215K
    Post edited by hoerich at 2013-07-06 04:19:19
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Cliff WangCliff Wang
    Is php version 5.3.x?
    PHP 5.4.17RC1
    I try to reproduce on my test-station.
  • hoerich said:

Show-Linking & Crossfading rock, good work.
    But I got to mention a few things in short:

- Library: Scheduled-Column should only mark Shows which are scheduled in a future show.

- Statusbar: When playing a File "Current:" shows Metadata of (not connected) ShowSource instead of File

- Statusbar: "Current:" should also show remaining time of Track/File (this did work until v2.2 afaik)

- Scheduler: Editing a recurring show (change from everyday 7:00AM-7:07AM to only Monday) and link the shows causes a failure in the calendar: Everything looks fine, but the Monday-Show gets also scheduled on friday for two times after this changes. Not possible to delete or change this items.
    The same with older weekly recurring shows. The same situation as reported with beta1.
    This problem does not only occur with edited shows.
    Also untouched shows scheduled in v.2.3 are messed up in scheduler.
    Shows from any day are doubled, tripled or quaded up on Friday too. Cannot delete anything. Really annoying. Looks like I got to setup Airtime from scratch and reschedule about 200 shows per week ;-(

- Add/Edit Show: The Buttons "Who" and "Record&Rebroadcast" should swap places.
        You normally need to set "Live Stream Input" and "Who". Those should stick together.

2.4 looks really nice! But upgrading guided me to hell.
    Since we got so many Live-Shows these days, I'm going to reinstall Airtime Monday Night!

I have this same problem - here's a screen shot:

repeating shows *were* fine until this week, suddenly all the weeks shows are appearing on one day...really odd.

Any idea why?
  • Also having problems deleting the shows created in one day from the current time next week - Delete all and instances just doesn't work for any of them in the 00:30-2:00 Monday slot. AARGH. Cancelling the currently running show doesn't help either...or allow you to delete the shows on Monday next week. *sigh* I hope those 'week of shows in one slot' aren't there forever, otherwise Monday mornings will be a bit quiet. Or noisy...
    Post edited by Tim RadioClash at 2013-07-07 20:44:08

• Post edited by Tim RadioClash at 2013-07-07 20:52:44
    @hoerich and @Tim,
    Thank you reporting that problem.
    Really want to know what's happening on those databases after upgrade. Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce it in lab. Have you noticed there's a backup of 2.3.1 database during 2.4.0 upgrade:
    "
    ******************************** Upgrade Begin *********************************
    * Backing up current database to /home/martin/airtime_2.4.0.sql
     * Success
    * Updating configFiles
    * Updating Database
     * Complete
    ******************************* Upgrade Complete *******************************
    "

Could you please email me your database backup file (it's /home/martin/airtime_2.4.0.sql for me) to cliff dot wang at sourcefabric dot org? That will be great for us to address it. Please rename the sql as a txt file, thank you.
    Post edited by Cliff Wang at 2013-07-08 18:38:14
    @CliffWang
    sql-file is on its way via mail.
    I did a reinstall again and it looks good now.

My thoughts:

When upgrading Airtime to 2.4 for the first time, the PHP-Version on Ubuntu 12.04 x64 was 5.3 and so the error occured. Then I upgraded PHP as adviced in forum, but it did not change anything.

I reinstalled Airtime & Postgresql in the last hour with PHP already installed. Then imported the backup and fine!

So I guess PHP has to be 5.4 before upgrading Airtime. Afterwards an upgrade changes nothing.

Now our calendar looks fine, just the playlists are empty.
  • Hello
    I've been using the latest 2.4.0 for a while now and it looks to be very stable.  I had no issues with the exception for the following:

-BPM on the ID3 needs to be a whole number.  Non whole numbers will cause the value to be "0" within the db.  
    -When I play a 1 or 2 second jingle it plays fine and starts at about 2 seconds from the start of the asset it was assigned to, I assume based on the fade in value in Preferences.  The problem is the metadata that is sent out to Shoutcast and Icecast.  Since this jingle technically played after the asset it was assigned to, its metadata stays up for the duration of the asset.  How can I prevent this?

Also can I change the colours of the files when shown on a play list and in the library?  It would be nice if I could have all jingles in one colour and everything else in another colour.
    @Reaz,
    Did you insert jingle on-the-fly? Or it's already scheduled but delay always happens?
  • @cliff, the jingle was scheduled.  I don't mind it being delayed from the primary asset, as a matter of fact this is ideal.  I just need its metadata to be ignored.  This brings up another but similar request.  The implementation of a jingle repository within Airtime.
  • Also one other thing...
    If I were to program a show that is say 2 hours and I had a 30 second overlap at the end, when I add about 6 of these jingles the overlap disappears and I would now have about 2 min of nothing scheduled based on the program calculation.
  • @hoerich and @Tim,

Thank you reporting that problem.
    Really want to know what's happening on those databases after upgrade. Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce it in lab. Have you noticed there's a backup of 2.3.1 database during 2.4.0 upgrade:
    "
    ******************************** Upgrade Begin *********************************
    * Backing up current database to /home/martin/airtime_2.4.0.sql
     * Success
    * Updating configFiles
    * Updating Database
     * Complete
    ******************************* Upgrade Complete *******************************
    "

Could you please email me your database backup file (it's /home/martin/airtime_2.4.0.sql for me) to cliff dot wang at sourcefabric dot org? That will be great for us to address it. Please rename the sql as a txt file, thank you.

I've done a locate for that file, can't find it at all.

And now, the new reinstall has zapped the database completely :-(
  • Actually have a bad feeling I deleted that file. Not a big problem, I do have backups....
  • I don't have that file :-( I think I deleted it thinking it was one of my backups.
    hoerich said:

seems like this is no metadata-problem.
    Most of us already know of problems with Mono-Files in v2.4 and,
    as I noticed last weekend, a lot of our preproduced files don't get played too.
    Status Bar states the File is played, but ON-AIR disappears.

If this is the case at the beginning of a show,
    the Showsource (connected to Airtime during previous show)
    doesn't get disconnected and stays ON-AIR.
    My Showsource streams with m3w to Airtime and
    tries to reconnect every 2 seconds, when no show is assigned.

I know there are problems with mono-files in v2.4, but we don't use Mono-Files!
    But meanwhile almost any preproduced show is not broadcasted and Showsource stays connected.
    My current situation therefore is that a Showsource overrides the Scheduled Playout of almost any unassigned show. ;-(

I tested to manually disconnect the Showsource 3 secs after beginning of next (unassigned) show.
    Then Airtime tries to playout scheduled file, goes OFF-AIR and 45secs later our Silence Detector switches to Dead-Air-Player.
    If I then try to reconnect with the same Showsource, I cannot connect. Like it should be.
    Post edited by hoerich at 2013-07-15 02:55:15
    My planned workaround is not to use the Showsource-Function.
    I'm going to use the new feature to link Shows and fill them with webstreams to our "Showsource".
    Which I expect to work flawlessly, but filling each (unfrequent) show-slot with content means more work as just to activate Input-Streams and "Who" when adding such a show.

For sure this workaround does only affect the Showsource-topic.
    Most of the Preproduced Shows ain't broadcasted because of this change.
    At least now the Silence-Detector recognises the error and sends me mail, after this happened.
    Post edited by hoerich at 2013-07-15 03:05:48

hoerich said:

I know there are problems with mono-files in v2.4, but we don't use Mono-Files!

ok, after checking the props of the files I have to callback this.
    We do use Mono-Files. But I did not know ;-)
    I did talk with our program coordinator and he says we do frequently.
    I got excited to soon.
    Looks like my Airtime-Server has a lot to do next tuesday ;-)
    Calendar messed up again.
    Looked good until yesterday. Today our program coordinator reported this.
    I'll be off board for our annual radio festival til sunday and try not to think about it ;-)
    1337 x 762 - 226K

• When I connect to the

• Master Source

• Show Source
    , click the button in the air time, but the song of the program broadcaster is not. Why?

Sometimes it happens that the sound from the airtime or rather not play as long as I did not execute the command: sudo invoke-rc.d airtime-media-monitor restart
    sudo invoke-rc.d airtime-playout restart

Post edited by MePavlov at 2013-07-17 08:34:45
  • Thank you!
    I hope that the quick fix!

Notes:
    • We highly recommend Ubuntu Precise (12.04), or Debian Wheezy as OS of choice. Ubuntu Lucid (10.04) and Debian Squeeze will work but have much older packages with many bugs (too many to list here). 
    • Lucid (Ubuntu 10.04) users. We recommend you update your PHP version to 5.4 as the version included has many date/time bugs. http://www.upubuntu.com/2012/03/how-to-upgrade-install-php-540-under.html
    meanwhile,
    if you follow this instruction to install PHP5.4, it will install
    PHP5.5 instead and this requires apache2.4, which could envoke problems
    with apache...
    Follow this link http://www.justincarmony.com/blog/2013/07/31/ubuntu-12-04-php-5-4-apache2-and-ppaondrejphp5/
    for howto install PHP5.4 instead of 5.5.

I
    just found this without having tested it yet. But it sounds promising! I
    will go for it this afternoon... - See more at:
    http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/15722/error-site-airtime-vhost-does-not-exist#sthash.OtTcb6QJ.dpuf

Post edited by hoerich at 2013-08-19 05:36:58
    This information would be present into the manual, no ?

a release date for 2.4.1 ?
    Post edited by Albert FR at 2013-08-20 06:06:05
    Albert FR said:

This information would be present into the manual, no ?

a release date for 2.4.1 ?

The php-issue is not mentioned in the manual yet.
    But I did a screencast yesterday about PHP5.4 and Installing Airtime, which should be uploaded soon.

No ETA for 2.4.1 yet.
    I know Hoerich ;-)
    This is why I speak about ;-)
    Meanwhile I try not to ask this question in OpenSource-Communities...
    It is like asking a woman of her age or her weight ;-)
    lol @hoerich