Could use a little help installing, newbie
  • So I've set up my Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS server and I'd ideally like to use the Easy Setup method but I can't even figure out how to install GDebi so I went through the other instructions on installing Airtime and I got as far as the last part and I keep getting this error and I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure it out. I've lost all patience with it and didn't really want to waste money paying for the VPS server if I can't get Airtime installed.

Thanks for your help.

sudo apt-get install airtime
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     airtime : Depends: liquidsoap (>= 1.1.1~) but it is not going to be installed
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

• 28 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up1Vote Down Cliff WangCliff Wang
    Please add http://apt.sourcefabric.org/ in /etc/apt/sources.list, install sourcefabric-keyring then execute apt-get update. 
    Cloud Radio -> http://airtime.pro
  • Vote Up1Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James

The problem for me was that the code that gets the remote ip did NOT return a valid IP. it returned something like 2002::23::0:123::8 and it all fell over. The routine failed and in it's catch all bucket I put a default IP of 127.0.0.1 and it all woke up.

Hi John, it sounds like 2002::23::0:123::8 may be your IPv6 address. Setting the IPv4 localhost address of 127.0.0.1 may get Airtime working, but are you accessing the machine remotely by IP address or domain name? If you could provide details of your setup, we can look into the problem.
  • Thanks for the tip. I've got past setting up Airtime now but once it runs through a lot of processes and 'setting up' I get the following error message and it stops. Note, I don't want to use ALSA audio. Thanks for any help you can offer.

* Stopping TiMidity++ ALSA midi emulation...                                                                                                                          No timidity found running; none killed.
                                                                                                                                                                    [ OK ]
       ...fail!
     * ALSA is not active, cannot start TiMidity++ ALSA midi emulation
    Processing triggers for libc-bin ...
    ldconfig deferred processing now taking place

Post edited by Calzo Houdini at 2013-07-03 00:26:29
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    are you on a vps ?
    probably yes...
    alsa is perhaps misconfigured or not installed...

do an :

sudo aptitude install alsa-base alsa-oss alsa-utils
  • Yes, I'm on a VPS/Hybrid .

Thanks. Once I have done that, do I just run the Airtime install again? 

I get this message now but I'm not sure if it is installed properly or how I can access Airtime in my browser? I can access Ice Cast 2 by going to http://calzo.co.uk:8000

Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    airtime is already the newest version.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
    Post edited by Calzo Houdini at 2013-07-03 05:25:47
    do a

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    Post edited by Albert FR at 2013-07-03 05:39:24
  • Ok, I've ran those two commands. Now what do I do? I've attached my installation log . I'm not sure if there are errors or if something is going wrong somewhere? When installing Airtime I used airtime.calzo.co.uk as the domain. Was I supposed to use localhost? I have no idea.
    your domain name

and read the Manual (RTFM) : http://www.sourcefabric.org/en/resources/manuals/
  • I have read through the entire manual at least three times and followed the Automated Instructions but it just won't work. I set up airtime on airtime.calzo.co.uk but that doesn't load. Do I need to change something within the domain control panel or what?
    try a :

dpkg-reconfigure airtime

and follow the instructions
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich

Yes, I'm on a VPS/Hybrid .

what means VPS/Hybrid?
    are you running a webserver or similar on this vps?
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • It's a VPS running Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS
  • I went down this route last weekend - got no suggestions on here.
    Two problems that i needed to be resolved.

One in the config files were 'localhost' and '127.0.0.1' - BOTH needed setting to '127.0.0.1' that solved one problem. Before somebody says otherwise - it DOES make a difference there - I double checked.

The other problem was that when loading up the main airtime page it ended up in a sad heap and the apache log was as long as a novel saying many files did not exist and showed a mangled web address for these files.

The problem for me was that the code that gets the remote ip did NOT return a valid IP. it returned something like 2002::23::0:123::8 and it all fell over. The routine failed and in it's catch all bucket I put a default IP of 127.0.0.1 and it all woke up.

Something is wrong in that routine.

Post edited by John Chewter at 2013-07-03 06:16:36
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • I'm in a complete muddle.

I set up a subdomain airtime.calzo.co.uk
    Installed everything as per the Automated Install Instructions and installed several packages that were required. I managed to get through the Airtime installation screens and input my sub domain and passwords etc... and that all seemed to work fine... but how do I access Airtime in the browser? Going to the subdomain doesn't work?
  • Anyone willing to go in to my server and set it up for a small fee? I'm sure it's really simple but I'm about to throw my computer out of the window. 
    Post edited by Calzo Houdini at 2013-07-03 06:26:38
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    Hi Calzo, no need to throw the computer out of the window :-)

Looking at http://airtime.calzo.co.uk/ the issue seems to be an Apache setup which is different in Parallels from standard Debian/Ubuntu. The ping command returns an hostname/IP address of:

928602.vps-10.com (91.109.5.130)

so assuming that this is the same virtual machine that you installed Airtime on, I would suggest looking at the Parallels control panel and seeing where the web server Document Root is pointing. It should be /usr/share/airtime/public/ for Airtime but that is not what the Parallels server is currently returning.

Cheers!

Daniel
    @Calzo+Houdini you have also the http://airtime.pro solution, better than a poor VPS...
  • Albert FR said:

@Calzo+Houdini you have also the http://airtime.pro solution, better than a poor VPS...

I'd prefer to have everything running on my own servers but I was looking at Airtime Pro. Is it possible to run ice cast 2 on my server with Airtime Pro pointing to it as 10 listeners isn't enough and I don't want to have to spend a fortune for up to 1000 listeners. I'm not keen on using the Airtime Pro domain name that is supplied. Can a subdomain.calzo.co.uk be used instead?
    Post edited by Calzo Houdini at 2013-07-03 08:42:59
  • Hi Calzo, no need to throw the computer out of the window :-)

Looking at http://airtime.calzo.co.uk/ the issue seems to be an Apache setup which is different in Parallels from standard Debian/Ubuntu. The ping command returns an hostname/IP address of:

928602.vps-10.com (91.109.5.130)

so assuming that this is the same virtual machine that you installed Airtime on, I would suggest looking at the Parallels control panel and seeing where the web server Document Root is pointing. It should be /usr/share/airtime/public/ for Airtime but that is not what the Parallels server is currently returning.

Cheers!

Daniel

928602.vps-10.com (91.109.5.130) is the virtual server where I have Airtime installed but other than that you've lost me.

I have a website set up on calzo.co.uk and I was wanting to have Airtime setup on airtime.calzo.co.uk
    If I changed the usr/share/airtime/public/ would this stop my website from working?

I can't even find an option to change the Document Root in Plesk. This is a disaster. I don't understand why it's so difficult to set something up nowadays. Thanks for your help.
  • Does it make a difference if I install Airtime under root@91.109.5.130 or calzo@91.109.5.130  ??
    you normally can't install airtime on an user account
    but you can be connected with calzo and do a sudo ;-)

• Opted for Airtime Pro. Now I have to set it up to send to Ice Cast on my server. Here we go.
    better choice than a vps :-)
    if you want install airtime, do it on a true server (vps are generally not a good solution)
  • Airtime made software but not full install proces on servers who hawe control panels allredy.I,m hawe now 2 servers.One is vps on 123.reg.co.uk and another is my private server at home. I,m set up airtime on my home server then i,m loost my control panel.Now my web site runs www.onfm.lv But now trying 5days to set up airtime on vps 123reg.co.uk ubuntu 12.04 with parallels control panel. Dont understand where is the problem peoples.Please post full install proces on this rubish parallels panels.I,hawe no more ideas. There is one way binit all in to the rubish bin.
  • Airtime made software but not full install proces on servers who hawe control panels allredy.I,m hawe now 2 servers.One is vps on 123.reg.co.uk and another is my private server at home. I,m set up airtime on my home server then i,m loost my control panel.Now my web site runs www.onfm.lv But now trying 5days to set up airtime on vps 123reg.co.uk ubuntu 12.04 with parallels control panel. Dont understand where is the problem peoples.Please post full install proces on this rubish parallels panels.I,hawe no more ideas. There is one way binit all in to the rubish bin.

Janis, I suggest you start a new separate forum thread for your issue, you'll have more chance of getting some help. I ended up joining Airtime Pro because I couldn't get it to work on my VPS which runs the same ubuntu version as you and also Parallels Plesk. Good Luck!
  • THIS IS MY FILE

root@vps14330634:~# ^C
    root@vps14330634:~# service apache2 reload
     * Reloading web server config apache2                                   [ OK ]
    root@vps14330634:~# sudo airtime-check-system
    AIRTIME_SERVER_RESPONDING      = OK
    KERNEL_VERSION                 = 3.2.0-48-generic
    MACHINE_ARCHITECTURE           = x86_64
    TOTAL_MEMORY_MBYTES            = 1019372
    TOTAL_SWAP_MBYTES              = 488444
    AIRTIME_VERSION                = 2.4.0
    OS                             = Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS x86_64
    CPU                            = QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
    WEB_SERVER                     = Apache
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_PROCESS_ID      = 18194
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_RUNNING_SECONDS = 3286
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_MEM_PERC        = 1.6%
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_CPU_PERC        = 0.4%
    LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID          = 18152
    LIQUIDSOAP_RUNNING_SECONDS     = 3286
    LIQUIDSOAP_MEM_PERC            = 2.2%
    LIQUIDSOAP_CPU_PERC            = 3.4%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID       = 18062
    MEDIA_MONITOR_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 3288
    MEDIA_MONITOR_MEM_PERC         = 1.4%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_CPU_PERC         = 0.0%
    -- Your installation of Airtime looks OK!
    root@vps14330634:~#

• I,m think many peoples dont now how to install on vps with control panel.Ofcorse i cant run airtime on my clean home server.But my internet sped is 80 downl 30 upload. BT ininity bysines costumer. And sory for ewry body for my pousts in this portal. I,m sory I,m stupid Latvian. Sory Airtime byt the software not rulz on my mashines. The best i,ll run my shoutcast,server with one option,auto dj. :-)
    that's not because you're latvian, that's because you don't listen what we said
    airtime is not for parrallels, ehcp, etc solutions
    you need a true system (and not a poor misconfigured vps...

and again ... cross posting is not a solution