Airtime on CentOS [working now!]
  • I've managed to get a functioning installer script built for Airtime 2.3.1 onto CentOS 6.4

A couple of caveats - I turned IPtables off manually because this is a testing server, not a production server - You'll probably want to do something more targeted to open a hole for port 80 or whatever port you're using for airtime.
    You'll also want to make sure that PHP's short codes is turned ON in php.ini.

This isn't pretty, but it works. Anyone who wants to refine it or has any improvements, please feel free to contribute. Just please share them here in the forums.

Backstory:
    I have been given FREE access to a centOS server in a hosting center that has HUGE amounts of bandwidth and storage, so either I figured out how to use Airtime on CentOS, or I spent a lot of money to host my station elsewhere. Last time I did an upgrade to Airtime, I inadvertently took the station down for 2 days while I worked out the bugs. So now I've built a test Virtual Machine with CentOS so I can test out the upgrade without breaking anything. I'm currently working on a script to do the upgrade from 2.3.1 to 2.4.0, but it's going to be a little while because I'm still working out all the dependencies.
  • 16 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    2.4.1 is available ;-)
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    nice work, bowman!
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • OK. I'm now working on the prerequisites for 2.4.1. *sigh* #backtothedrawingboard
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    good luck ;-)
  • Thanks John for all your hard work. While your script did not work out of the box, I now have what I believe is a fully functional Airtime setup on my CentOS machine.

The script first erred when it copied some stuff to my /tmp partition and tried to execute some stuff; alas the partition was not mounted with execution enabled so this failed to execute. From that point on I decided to manually follow the steps outlined in the script and with some troubleshooting along the way have arrived at what seems to be a functional setup.

There were some issues with getting postgre to run, what happened is that the script failed to run through successfully the first time and postgre created a lock file in /tmp which it was unable to access the next time I attempted to start it. Solution was to chown postgre: on the lock files in the init script.

A few things that needed tidying up after completing the install as per script, I had to install lsb_release (from the redhat-lsb-core package) to get airtime-check-system to return the OS correctly. I also had to manually run the airtime init scripts to get them to run as well as enable them with chkconfig etc.

Also, I just noticed that I was chewing up hard drive space and found that silan had not been installed, hence the silan-analyser python application was looping forever trying to run silan unsuccessfully, generating massive log files in the process (and taking a bit of CPU resource).

The fix was to simply download and compile/install silan. This required ffmpeg and libsndfile but they were both on EPEL so it was easy to get working.

From what I can tell it seems fully functional, other than that Airtime Version reports blank.
    sounds great
  • super job)
    but, i can't download script. Why?
    Thank you.
    firefedot said:

super job)
    but, i can't download script. Why?
    Thank you.

just left-click on the attachment.
    or here http://www.filedropper.com/db96ead7757fff1722f42408f21174
    cheers
  • I have not clicked)
    Спасибо большое.
    Sorry,
    Thank you)
    Post edited by firefedot at 2013-09-17 04:58:08
  • Hi, 

Where can i find the script? i cant see the attachment and the link is broken.

Thanks in advance
    the download is working for me. are you logged in?

• Post edited by Sergey Kruzhilin at 2013-12-01 15:30:35
  • Hey Guys, i'm logged in, but the attachment is not here. And the link is broken...

I'm trying to get Airtime 2.5.1 installed on a CentOS 6.4.

I'm working on this script, trying to port it to CentOS.

Any help is really welcome. Thanks!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    Hi Bruno, you could look at https://github.com/mkonecny/airtime_centos/blob/master/centos.sh as a starting point. Let us know how you get on!

Daniel
  • Hi Guys,

I am in real needs for the Airtime to install on CentOS 6.X but platform is x86_32
    (uname -r: 2.6.32-279.14.1.el6.i686).
    If there any possibility to amend that x86_64 one? Sorry if it sounds weird.
    I can take some shall part to work on as well if so, just let me know plz. Thank you in advance.
    Post edited by Alex Gainulin at 2014-01-19 20:21:48
    www.actionsch.com - Bringing talents in life!
    + Action Radio School +
  •  Daniel James, Im using Zend Server the script will work? thank you!
    Daniel James
    Post edited by miamiglobalradio at 2014-01-29 19:01:24