Error Installing 1.6
  • I have done everything according to the tutorial for installing 1.6 from source.

I am running debian lenny and had to force the server to run 5.3 (lenny doesnt like 5.3 by default)

I got to the login page, put in admin, admin and it would bring me back to the login page. I redid the database tables and now I get:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Zend_Session_Exception' with message 'Zend_Session::start() - /var/www/imvu/sc/airtime/library/Zend/Session.php(Line:480): Error #2 session_start(): Function spl_autoload_call() hasn't defined the class it was called for Array' in /var/www/imvu/sc/airtime/library/Zend/Session.php:493 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/imvu/sc/airtime/application/Bootstrap.php(33): Zend_Session::start() #1 /var/www/imvu/sc/airtime/library/Zend/Application.php(320): require_once('/var/www/imvu/s...') #2 /var/www/imvu/sc/airtime/library/Zend/Application.php(184): Zend_Application->setBootstrap('/var/www/imvu/s...', 'Bootstrap') #3 /var/www/imvu/sc/airtime/library/Zend/Application.php(92): Zend_Application->setOptions(Array) #4 /var/www/imvu/sc/airtime/public/index.php(33): Zend_Application->__construct('development', '/var/www/imvu/s...') #5 {main} thrown in /var/www/imvu/sc/airtime/library/Zend/Session.php on line 493

Something seems to be wrong with my sessions. Any help is appreciated.
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Seems like the problem was somehow in the cache, when I closed the browser and re logged in it was fine.

However, I noticed there there seemed to be some php code running at the top of the site.

After some looking it looks like your layout scripts use shorthand <?= to echo some code. This doesn't work correctly in php 5.3.5 on lenny because the php keyword is required.

therefore I had to change the application/layout/scripts that had <?= to longer <?php echo

The theme still is not working right. I believe its related to the fact I am not using a whole new vhost for the installation but instead just going to symbolically link public to a dir I want. I'll have to change the absolute paths to relative for css and js files.
  • I gave up the idea of running Airtime apart of an existing domain in a subdirectory. Instead I used a domain I had free and its all working perfect now.

I am totally confused on how to schedule playlists however. I can make a play list and I can schedule things, but I can't schedule playlists?
  • Hi,

We fixed the problem with "<?=" and have removed all instances of this for the final release on Monday, thanks for this information.

Currently you cannot schedule a playlist. The basic flow is to create a show, and then fill this with playlists.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Hi Martin,

I think part of the problem is the use of the word 'schedule' in the interface.

One 'schedules' a show, by clicking on Schedule. After some hunting I find the tiny underlined 'Show' link (this should definitely be more prominent and say 'Create Show'). I create a show, schedule it (i.e. set the time), it appears in the calendar.

To fill this with content, I then have to right click and select 'Schedule' - this makes no sense. I have already scheduled the show. I want to perhaps 'Add content' or 'Add playlist'.

So three recommendations to make this most basic of workflows clear

1) Change the calendar view (currently Schedule) name to 'Calendar' - Schedule in English can be both a verb and a noun. I'd suggest we only ever use it as a verb, to schedule.

2) Make the Add show link more prominent and self-explanatory (e.g. Add Show rather than 'Show' - show to can be both a noun and a verb - lets make sure people know we use it as a noun).

3) Change the right click command menu entry from 'Schedule' > 'Add playlist' or 'Add content'.

For me, this would clear up a lot of confusion. I'll make a ticket...
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Paul BaranowskiPaul Baranowski
    We fixed all this in time for the release. Download here:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/airtime/

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Adam Thomas <
    airtime-support@lists.sourcefabric.org> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
    >
    > I think part of the problem is the use of the word 'schedule' in the
    > interface.
    >
    > One 'schedules' a show, by clicking on Schedule. After some hunting I find
    > the tiny underlined 'Show' link (this should definitely be more prominent
    > and say 'Create Show'). I create a show, schedule it (i.e. set the time), it
    > appears in the calendar.
    >
    > To fill this with content, I then have to right click and select 'Schedule'
    > - this makes no sense. I have already scheduled the show. I want to perhaps
    > 'Add content' or 'Add playlist'.
    >
    > So three recommendations to make this most basic of workflows clear
    >
    > 1) Change the calendar view (currently Schedule) name to 'Calendar' -
    > Schedule in English can be both a verb and a noun. I'd suggest we only ever
    > use it as a verb, to schedule.
    >
    > 2) Make the Add show link more prominent and self-explanatory (e.g. Add
    > Show rather than 'Show' - show to can be both a noun and a verb - lets make
    > sure people know we use it as a verb).
    >
    > 3) Change the right click command menu entry from 'Schedule' > 'Add
    > playlist' or 'Add content'.
    >
    > For me, this would clear up a lot of confusion. I'll make a ticket...
    >