ADMIN Session Time Outs
  • This is primarily a policy question, I guess. When working in ADMIN Pages, e.g., modifying templates, etc., the session times out and kicks back to the Login page after 5-6 minutes or so, even if I'm working steadily. I suppose this is a feature and not a bug, but I'm curious as to why this does not appear to be configurable (at least nowhere I've been able to find). I see the new 3.4.2 will now return you to your original page after logging back into ADMIN, but, again, I'm curious as to why this arbitrary logout exists in the first place, or, given the security concerns, why it at least doesn't log out after, say, 5 minutes of inactivity instead of arbitrarily.

Other that this, I'm enjoying learning about Campsite. I'm not a professional web designer by any means, but I like to plunk around for my own use. I've experimented with all the main CMS's on the market over several years, trying to find one that was, on the one hand, oriented toward newspaper and magazine production, and on the other being a more robust and functionally rich cognate of Textpattern, i.e., having a robust but fairly easy-to-learn and straightforward template language. So far, Campsite is exactly what I've been looking for! Thanks for all your work...
  • 11 Comments sorted by
  • Hi,

This misbehavior was somehow introduced in 3.4.2 and we are already
    working to fix it for next release. Thanks for reporting and welcome
    to our forums.

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 10:29 PM, Garrapata Red
    <campsite-support@lists.sourcefabric.org> wrote:
    >
    > This is primarily a policy question, I guess. When working in ADMIN Pages, e.g., modifying templates, etc., the session times out and kicks back to the Login page after 5-6 minutes or so, even if I'm working steadily. I suppose this is a feature and not a bug, but I'm curious as to why this does not appear to be configurable (at least nowhere I've been able to find). I see the new 3.4.2 will now return you to your original page after logging back into ADMIN, but, again, I'm curious as to why this arbitrary logout exists in the first place, or, given the security concerns, why it at least doesn't log out after, say, 5 minutes of inactivity instead of arbitrarily.
    >
    > Other that this, I'm enjoying learning about Campsite. I'm not a professional web designer by any means, but I like to plunk around for my own use. I've experimented with all the main CMS's on the market over several years, trying to find one that was, on the one hand, oriented toward newspaper and magazine production, and on the other being a more robust and functionally rich cognate of Textpattern, i.e., having a robust but fairly easy-to-learn and straightforward template language. So far, Campsite is exactly what I've been looking for! Thanks for all your work...
    >

--
    Holman Romero
    Senior Software Engineer, Sourcefabric
    holman.romero@sourcefabric.org

Salvátorská 10
    110 00 Praha 1, Czech Republic
    +420 607 133 896

http://www.sourcefabric.org
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    Session issue has been fixed.
    You can download the fixed file version from github: http://github.com/sourcefabric/Campsite/raw/master/campsite/ src/conf/liveuser_configuration.php
  • ok but your file give ERROR connecting to the MySQL server!

Please start the MySQL database server and verify if the connection configuration is valid.
  • the error is here Quote:
    // Data Source Name (DSN)
    $dsn = 'mysql_cs://'.$Campsite['db']['user']

what is mysql_cs
  • Andrey Podshivalov wrote on Mon, 30 August 2010 13:13
    Session issue has been fixed.
    You can download the fixed file version from github: http://github.com/sourcefabric/Campsite/raw/master/campsite/ src/conf/liveuser_configuration.php

This get also one bug when the admin is login long time

Campsite has encountered a problem.
    Please take a minute to send us an email. (*)

Simply copy and paste the error report below and send it to: campsite-support@lists.sourcefabric.org.

Thank you. (*)

Error Report

Error ID: 2:Campsite:3.4.2:adodb-mysql.inc.php:506
    Error String: mysql_query(): 12 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource
    Time: (*) Sun, 12 Sep 2010 12:20:59 +0100
    Backtrace:
    camp_report_bug() called at [Grin
    mysql_query() called at [/var/www/vhosts/xxx/campsite/src/include/adodb/drivers/adod b-mysql.inc.php:506]
    ADODB_mysql::_query() called at [/var/www/vhosts/xxx/campsite/src/include/adodb/adodb.inc.ph p:1026]
    ADOConnection::_Execute() called at [/var/www/vhosts/xxx/campsite/src/include/adodb/adodb.inc.ph p:1012]
    ADOConnection::Execute() called at [/var/www/vhosts/xxx/campsite/src/classes/CampPlugin.php:82]
    CampPlugin::GetAll() called at [/var/www/vhosts/xxx/campsite/src/classes/CampPlugin.php:103 ]
    CampPlugin::GetEnabled() called at [/var/www/vhosts/xxx/campsite/src/admin.php:43]
    Since 30 August has been implemented other modifications. Now you need not only liveuser_configuration but http://github.com/sourcefabric/Campsite/blob/master/campsite /src/include/pear/DB/mysql_cs.php
  • Hi,

What is the difference in files between sourceforge and github.com ? Which of them is more updated ? Because I use the sourceforge 3.4.2 files but the solution to the current problem is only updated in github source files. What to choose ?

Regards,
    github has the current snapshot of campsite development repository. All modifications after 3.4.2 will be included in the next campsite release.
  • That's correct, but critical errors like, this should immediatelly updated to mirror any changes.

Anyway, since I am using github for the 1st time in my life, can I get a zipped file of all files ? If not how can I get a summary of any updated files in the repository?

the best way is use git. If you are on *nix it's not a problem (use your package installer to install git).
    If you are using windows try this: http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/

After successfully installation use initial command to get current snapshot:
    git clone git://github.com/sourcefabric/Campsite.git

update command:
    git pull git://github.com/sourcefabric/Campsite.git

• Thank you, it worked! Finally, how do I know if there are any changes in the DB tables and where can I find the whole sql script to update them ?

Because copying/pasting the new updated version I downloaded from git I get the following :

Error: While upgrading the database: tables.sql (2.0.x): 'mysql' ��� ������坜��� � ��૜���� � ��૜���� ������, �����⩠�� ��暨���� � ����� �⩣�� ��������.

Regards,