installation error
  • hi all

when installing under automated tasks i get a cron job error

have read forums and people has said their is a CampInstallationBase.php file available that ignores them errors and can continue install

can someone send me it or let me know what the changes are

cheers

mark
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Mark,

CampInstallationBase.php is part of Campsite sources, look for it at install/classes/ and follow the instructions in this message:

http://forum.sourcefabric.org/index.php/mv/msg/1031/2781/#ms g_2781

What Campsite version are you trying to install?

Cheers,
  • 3.3.5 speedy

• Hi thanks for the file

I have got it up and running

i installed 3.2 version last year on a test machine when i started doing some research on which software to use - so i have used the cron jobs created by that - so should be ok

The problem i have now is i have no content

I installed package template 2 as its the nearest to what i want and its what i used in my testing

This time i have created everything as normal but nothing shows up on home or a section
    everything else is the , menu, header, footer, right even the firefox advert but no content

if i preview an article thats fine but nothing on the actual site

what am i missing

• Campsite just crashed and now lots has appeared so ignore my last comments i will see what happens now
  • Vote Up0Vote Down KarenKaren
    Greetings -

I'm relying to this thread as I'm having the same problem. We purchased a Linux server as installing Speedy on Windows turned out to be too difficult. Thought the Linux Red Hat install would be better. Made sure PHP 5.2 was on there, etc..

So I finally got the install page to give me the thumbs up on all the requirements and then after installing the sample site, I got the error it seems so many others have experienced:

Error: Could not save cron job files. Could not run the crontab executable.

I checked my phpinfo and safe modes are off. I tried grabbing the old Campsiteinstall file from 2008 (I saw it on another forum) and replaced my current one with it (this works for others I guess), but still not working. What's causing this? And if it's such a common bug, how come there isn't a more well documented solution?

Anyway, I would love to actually be able to run Campsite someday. Thus far, I've spent a week just trying to install it.

Thanks for any help you can offer....

-Oedipa
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    You need to check existing crontab program:
    $ which crontab

It tells if installed this program. After you can try to install manually cron jobs:
    $ sudo su - www-data (or www or apache - depends on linux distro)
    $ crontab -e

The last command will open editor. Put these strings and save:
    * * * * * /[path-to-campsite]/bin/campsite-autopublish
    0 */4 * * * /[path-to-campsite]/bin/campsite-indexer
    0 */8 * * * /[path-to-campsite]/bin/subscription-notifier
    */2 * * * * /[path-to-campsite]/bin/events-notifier
    0 */4 * * * /[path-to-campsite]/bin/campsite-statistics

Just change before [path-to-campsite] to your real path to installed campsite