pasting into Indesign
  • Is there a way to keep formatting when pasting into indesign from
    Superdesk? When we paste it into indesign cc, the paragraph breaks are lost as well as
    the tab for the first line of new paragraph.
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Hello and thanks for your question.
    Unfortunately, there is no smooth way how you can simply copy an HTML and insert it into InDesign. InDesign does not "speak" HTML natively. You can find some discussions on stackoverflow about copy/pasting HTML to InDesign.
    Superdesk has an IDML output (InDesign markup language). You can configure a subscriber to output in IDML and simply drag and drop an exported file into InDesign. All HTML markup is converted to IDML during formatting and every HTML paragraph is represented as a separate text frame in InDesign.
  • Thank you for your response. I'm disappointed that there is not a seamless way of sharing with print programs.
  • Hi Terri,

As Oleg stated, Superdesk can export in Indesign Markup Language, and so you can import the file exported. Which is a good solution if you ask me. 

I don't know enough about the output, but it could be that the export can publish the file with the name of the different paragraph names and character names you are using.

Hope this helped out a little bit.

trond