I am getting two audio files playing out at the same time.
  • I am getting two audio files playing out at the same time. Are there queues which can be cleared, or something that would kill whatever has been sent to Liquid Soap?

• 10 Comments sorted by
  • What's your OS and how'd you install?
  • Same problem here. Also, frequently when adding a song to an already created playlist (and when on air), it will jump back to some random position of the previously played track. Maybe it will be fixed in 2017.
    Post edited by Bob Larson at 2015-01-13 06:16:17
  • I am using Debian7 (Wheezy - 64 bit) rt (real time) mod for the kernel. Things ran ok for a day and a half. I was trying to understand Smart Blocks, and tried to switch some existing non-"linked" shows to become linked (and thus propagate their contents into future shows). My current theory is that during that process, some existing entries were not removed prior to moving to the new system ("linked" shows). To test this theory I have been deleting the existing non-linked shows before re-creating them as a linked version. Possibly this has eliminated the issue, for me, anyway. Maybe. It would be nice to have a sort of control panel for Airtime which included buttons for deleting whatever output queues may exist in the entire Airtime/LiquidSoap chain, and buttons for restarting various processes. The console commands at the top of this page have helped whenever Airtime decides to go off of the air: http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-25-for-broadcasters/troubleshooting/
  • Don't even bother using the linked show stuff... it's full of boogers :(
  • Apparently so - that the linked show stuff is full of boogers. So, with that being the case, what is the best way of organizing a schedule?
  • @John Tinker

You can verify your songs to be played in the scheduler by looking in this folder

cd /var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/

I do not remember ,but I think you have to be su to see them.They are stored queue in an array as follows like this  XXXX  and indicate by  xxxx[0] ....whatever  which indicates that  starting from the left the first song to be played to whatever is the last song. About 10 songs are stored .If you have duplicate you will see it here but.

I doubt there are duplicates , so here is a possible solution

Run the  calendar scheduler to say January 2016. click  until the dates say 2016,(I am not before a machine now that I can give exact description ) then go back to the calendar and look ,more than possible you will see duplicate playlist or duplicate show for that date. either delete one of them  or ,my preferred method delete what is there and do a re-entry of the data.

This tip was suggested to me by @Bart in this post https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/17139/link-show-is-a-nice-replacement-for-autodj-but-its-100-unreliable
    And normally this problem occur when you delete an entry from either a playlist or show  in a linked show.

I hope this is of some help ,it was what corrected my problem and I can give no guarantee it will help you but worth a try.

It has nothing to do with Liquidsoap.I am finding that some of the problems either relates to php or python scripting.
     Consider in Airtime that the "ceteris paribus"  are the database and Liquidsoap to which are the last place to look,they are almost solid.

VOISSES

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2015-01-16 11:10:07
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • remember the farther you push the calender (which affects the Database) the slower  the browser will operate, So schedule an update in your maintenance business or personal calendar an indicate what steps to follow.

Hope it fixed before then.

Maybe some for of refresh,maintenance and purge script is need for Airtime
    VOISSES
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2015-01-16 11:20:38
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Good stuff.  I think I can now see why we have 'ghosts in the machine'. It's the same as the adding linked files into the future - and it stops on day. What if its deleting entries into the future and it stops on an an arbitary day? You would have ghost entries left at the end..
    This has given me an idea for a cleanup util.
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2015-01-16 11:34:03
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • Hi guys, I need to find help with programming advise on airtime instalations I'm a novice
  • prettyflywitguy@gmail.com