Multiple Bullet List Formats

• p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; }

Hi

Is there a way for
    creating multiple bullet list formats that can be displayed in the
    html interface? I'm writing a book
    where there are specific instructions for people to do something e.g
    click a specific button or enter some data on a screen.

In the past I've
    indicated this by using a different bullet list style (eg an arrow).
    I still need to use standard bullets list format for general use in
    the book (so it is not a replace all). Are multiple bullet list
    styles possible?

Thanks

Sharan

• 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    Hi Sharan,

This is definitely possible, using a class on the unordered list to indicate the list-style-type. As you are a Booktype Pro user, I have opened a feature ticket for you at https://dev.sourcefabric.org/browse/BTPRO-1326

Please attach some examples to that ticket of the styles you would like. It's also possible to insert special graphics using a symbols font such as Font Awesome, if you have your own Booktype theme.

Cheers!

Daniel

• Hi Daniel

Sorry for the huge delay in getting back to you on this. I’ve been busy helping organise a conference. Now that it is over I can get back to this :-)

It’s not only bullets I’m interested in but a range of type of formatting that can be used to emphasise different sections in a book or on a page (so mixing graphics and different font styles etc).

I do have an example of the type of formatting I’d like to achieve but I can’t access this issue number you have included above, to add the file.

Thanks
    Sharan
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    Hi Sharan,

Sorry about the ticket access, please attach the example in this forum.

In addition to custom bullet points, HTML supports the 'kbd' and 'code' tags, would these suit your needs also?

Cheers!

Daniel
  • Hi Daniel

Thanks for the response. I’ve attached 3 different types of bullets that I’m currently using in my book to denote different things. One is a standard bullet list, the second is for instructions and shows what users need to do to navigate a screen or system, the third is as a indicator of something done or completed.

I’m open to other ideas of how to achieve these distinctions.

Thanks
    Sharan
    1321 x 431 - 53K
    748 x 274 - 23K
    1262 x 275 - 32K