Suggestions for alternatives?
  • Hello,

I tested Booktype.pro and was very impressed by the platform. Kudos for the great work and thank you for releasing the code. However, installation is way beyond my (sunday-enthusiast-developper) league and, in any case, the relatively humble needs of my non-profit: we are looking for a solution for collective report writing within an international team, something between Google Docs and Booktype (user roles, revisions, commenting). What would you recommend as possible alternatives?

Kind regards,
    Norbert
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    Hi Norbert,

Which server platform are you running please? It may be that we can provide you with a installation package to make things easier for you.

Cheers!

Daniel
  • Hi Daniel,

You are awesome! We're only starting and I am still waiting for funds as I write. But will most probably go for a Standard Droplet at Digital Ocean. In short, our options are open. We will have have a Mattermost instance running in parallel and some project management tool.

Kind regards,
    Norbert
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    Hi Norbert,

That sounds good, we will update the Digital Ocean tutorial for Booktype after the Booktype 2.4.0 release.

Cheers!

Daniel
  • Thank you! Looking forward :)