Service Airtime under linux
  • I have to restart the service "airtime-liquidsoap" at least once time everyday because the option "On Air" becomes turned off and I don't receive audio in the client.

It's very strange because the show is working.
    In the admin page, I can see the show, the actual time playing, and the info of previous and next song.
    Post edited by Makron at 2017-08-18 03:40:44
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Have you tried a full reboot?

Seriously?????
    It's a half reboot possible?
    Are you kidding me?

Also if I power off the machine and then I power it on again the show works.
    This can be done by a hamster.

If you don't know why the show becomes "OFF AIR", why do you answer this post?
    What kind of knowledge of linux do you have?

Your solution for this issue is not valid.

• ? It was not a solution, it was a diagnostic question to rule a few things out. And, yes half (soft) reboots are CERTAINLY possible but they do not clear hardware lockups or restart some top-level supervisory processes in a VM type environment.  Just for info, often on a VPS you have to request a full reboot and a soft reboot is the only available option, without calling support. As I just now learned that you have a local server and are doing power off restarts, that does not apply and can be ruled out.
    As you seem to know all the answers, and are grumpy toward other users like me who are giving their time and experience for free and are simply trying to help, I shall leave you alone. Another option is to get paid support from Sourcefabric. Good luck with that.

Post edited by John Chewter at 2017-08-21 06:35:09
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • ? It was not a solution, it was a diagnostic question to rule a few things out. And, yes half (soft) reboots are CERTAINLY possible but they do not clear hardware lockups or restart some top-level supervisory processes in a VM type environment.  Just for info, often on a VPS you have to request a full reboot and a soft reboot is the only available option, without calling support. As I just now learned that you have a local server and are doing power off restarts, that does not apply and can be ruled out.
    As you seem to know all the answers, and are grumpy toward other users like me who are giving their time and experience for free and are simply trying to help, I shall leave you alone. Another option is to get paid support from Sourcefabric. Good luck with that.

I repeat, are you kidding me with your diagnostic question?
    Can you tell me which is the command in linux to reboot soft?
    Is there a "rebootsoft" command instead of a "shutdown" or "init" or "halt" command?

Just for info, it's is a real PC.

And no, I don't know everything about everything, and yes, I knew the get paid support option.

The truth is you don't know why the service is active in linux and it's not working in Airtime.
    The truth is that your experience in minimal or null with it.

And if you know why it happens, then you are trying to fool me to buy the product.

Ooops!
    You are scaring me for leaving me alone.

I don't need your product.
    I was only testing it and it FAILS!
    That's the only thing that matters.

It's all for U and forever.

• Hmm. This is a user supported forum where we try to help each other on the FREE version of Airtime. I do not work for Sourcefabric and never have. I am a long term private user, since 2013, and have set up more than a dozen stations and helped many other users get Airtime (and now Libretime) up and running, some of whom are members of this forum.

It sounds like you may possibly have two instances of LiquidSoap running, one from a general install and Airtime's version, which is different. Or even two instances of the Airtime version. I have seen this on older editions of Airtime.

You are not running VMWare or equivalent system (but many do), so the reboot question is moot, it did not apply in the first place, but this was not clear when you asked the question.

With regard to commands for Linux hard & soft reboots, as you requested what they were..

The Ubuntu Hard-Reboot Command which clears memory, graphic-memory, resets hardware and more (with options) is:
           hard-reboot RESTART
    hard-reboot HALT
    hard-reboot POWER_OFF

The Ubuntu Soft-Reboot Command is:
           reboot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reboot_(computing)
    Bye. This communication stops here.
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2017-08-21 10:35:53
  • Have you tried a full reboot?