Show Instances
  • Using Airtime 2.5.1.  I am trying to write a script that will respond to a situation where there is no currently playing show.  I want the station manager to be able to delete/cancel a show instance using the calendar, and have the system detect that (script runs every minute) and auto generate a show to fill the time until the next top of the hour (or another show, whichever comes first).  My problem is this: Deleting the show instance of a repeating show does not seem to actually delete the show instance from table cc_show_instances.  My question is: what table does the calendar affect when a show instance is deleted?  Is it something other than cc_show_instances?  Is this just a bug with 2.5.1 that is fixed now? For further reference, here are steps to reproduce the issue:

Go to the Airtime calendar and create a weekly repeating show from 9-10am 
    Determine the show id from cc_show (i.e. 20)
    View the show instances in cc_show_instances as follows:
    SELECT* FROM cc_show_instances WHERE show_id=20; (For example)
    See the current instance and future instances.
    Go to the Airtime calendar and delete one of the instances using delete->this instance
    View the show instances in cc_show_instances as follows:
    SELECT* FROM cc_show_instances WHERE show_id=20;

Expected behavior:
    -Show disappears from the calendar, and from cc_show_instances.
    -Deleted show disappears from cc_show_instances.

Actual behavior:
    -Show disappears from the day calendar
    -Deleted show instance is still present in the list of cc_show_instances

This seems to extend to future instances of the show when using delete->this instance and all

Is there a more authoritative SQL table I should be using to determine whether shows instances are scheduled?

Again, this may be a bug that is fixed in 2.5.2, my apologies if so.

• 1 Comment sorted by
  • Are you trying for fill the dead air time with music? If so checkout the AutoDJ scripts in Hacks section.

Liquid soap knows when there is dead air.
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.