Disk mount point add to Airtime status
  • I have a DigitalOcean server which has Airtime installed on it. I have purchased extra disk space in the form of a DigitalOcean Volume (100Gb). I have followed the instructions for formatting and mounting the volume. The system shows the correct amount of disk space (webmin), console free etc but Airtime does not see the extra space on the status page.

Does anyone know how to get the extra space to show on the status page and also be available for use by Airtime?

I'm not sure how/where Airtime gets the total disk space from, maybe there is a file somewhere that can be edited to include the extra mount point?
    AndyC - BlastFM Internet Radio Stations
  • 8 Comments sorted by
  • webmin screenshot
    1027 x 519 - 89K
  • Just a random thought.
    Can you add the new mount as a watched folder? I guess you want to use it for file storage mostly anyway?
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • Nice idea, I tried it but it doesn't recognise the full mount point name (/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-0DO_Volume_volume-nyc1-02) and if I shorten it to /dev/disk/by-id/ for example, it just shows 0.5Gb
  • does it show up in /media   ?
    Has it got good permissions? 755 or 775?
    Is it locked to one user?
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2017-05-28 10:04:17
  • Well now, you gave me an idea there. I remembered that during the format/configuration of the mountpoint, I had created a folder at some point. I added /mnt/volume-nyc1-02/ as a watched folder and it now shows the 100Gb disk space. It remains to be seen if I can actually use it in Airtime.
    1142 x 369 - 77K
    Post edited by Andy Courcier at 2017-05-28 10:10:38
  • Yes you were trying to access the device, not the mount.
    If it has the correct permissions, it should work.
  • So for anyone else that uses DigitalOcean servers and have added a volume for extra disk space - The answer was to copy all the files from the original location, in my case /srv/airtime/upload to the volume: cp -R /srv/airtime/ /mnt/volume-nyc1-02/ and then set /mnt/volume-nyc1-02/airtime/upload/ as the import folder. Note that I am using /srv/airtime/upload/ as my original file location, this is not the default location so please adjust folder names/structures as required.

PS: Thanks John for the inspiration!
  • I use similar for adding sd card to airtime tiny arm-based systems (not Raspberry PIs).