Audio in Airtime sounds "too compressed"
  • Hi everyone,

I am enjoying testing Airtime with my own server, and I really like the software and how it's been thought out.

I am having a poor sound quality when broadcasting in AAC 48 Kb/s, which is definitely related to Airtime or Liquidsoap as when I connect to my Icecast server using the demo of another software everything is fine.

The sound is not really natural, there is too much compression, very little "breathing" as it were.

Which files can I look into to reduce this compression and broadcast a much nicer, natural sound?

Thanks!

Kind Regards,

Fabio

EDIT: sorry, wrong section by accident.
    Post edited by Fabio Gangarossa at 2017-05-08 14:23:01
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Voisses TechVoisses Tech
    Duplicate
    https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/18384/audio-in-airtime-sounds-too-compressed
    You can change change to a new relevant section by going back to edit in your post and look at the top to change the section ,no need for new post
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2017-05-10 18:07:27
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.