Daylight saving time in UTC?
  • Hi,

When I try to schedule a 1 hour show to 00:00 March 26th, Airtime schedules it from 00:00 until 02:00. It should schedule until 01:00 because my timezone is defined as UTC (both user and Airtime) and UTC has not daylight saving time.

If I try to schedule a show to start at 01:00, it does not allow and "jumps" to 02:00.

The Linux server time is also defined as UTC.

Ideas?

This is really urgent because March 26th is arriving and I need to schedule the show.

Thank you and best regards,

Rui
    Post edited by Rui Silva at 2017-03-17 16:42:09
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • 1<br>
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2017-03-19 15:33:11
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • type this command and select your timezone
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

you might want to do Time Synchronization using NTP to prevent worry in the future
    sudo apt-get install ntp

then go here http://www.pool.ntp.org/
    search for a server near you and
    Change the contents of /etc/ntp.conf

reference article
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuTime
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Thank you for your tip :)

However, my system timezone was already set to UTC.

Still having the same problem.

Post edited by Rui Silva at 2017-03-20 07:23:29