Humpty Dumpty (2016)
  • Well I guess that if you came for the nursery rhyme,then you in for a big surprise
    For 2016 ,we are left to wonder what the heck just happen.

The Airtime community was left in the cold,they were shove aside and neglected.
    This started in 2015 but the real blow came in 2016.

I will be still here until the life of 1404 and  I recognised the big task of moving the
    Airtime to a new fork.

The rewrite of Airtime I do not know if it took in consideration the changes in zendframework and
    Liquidsoap and if the current fork I see is nothing to go by I reserved comment.

Many task could be achieve with a few tweaks of the ls_scipt and new additions to the libraries.
    The damaged and assault was on the MVC as it seems to be the consensus that therein lies the problem

Glad to see a new team is now at the helm of Airtime and I hope they will not disgrace and shun the Forum community.
    I hope they revive the Airtime to consciousness as there is still live in it.

Thank you the staff ,team and Management of Sourcefabric
    Remember Family counts ,just remember I told you

The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb of which I say

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Peace out
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • The fork is mostly just a derivative of the work that was done on Airtime.pro at this point. Only one minor featured added. I do see that there is a whole new roster of developers for Airtime. I'm not sure if they are committed or interested in continuing to develop Airtime as an open-source project as that evidently has been outside of the budgetary constraints of SourceFabric and it also would enable competition to their Airtime.pro project.

I am not sure exactly what you are saying regarding the fork based upon the and the suggested changes to the liquidsoap script or what you mean by assault on the MVC. I am interested to hear your feedback on the fork and eventually code contributions.

Honestly if the SourceFabric team is interested in working as an open-source project then there doesn't even need to be a fork per se, but I'll continue moving forward with the LibreTime fork as I have the free time.
  • Oooh, LibreTime sounds exciting - Can't find much info on it - Is code at an installable level yet?

• Hi Robbt, I appreciate your work, how many people are involved in LibreTime project until now?
    I'm not a programmer but I'd like to help somehow
  • Hey all, there is installable code - see my posts here. https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/18101/airtime-development-status-summer-2016 also - I plan on releasing a fully feature-working release when I find the time, but alas there are a few core issues that haven't been modified yet.
  • @Robbt I have no idea how to contact you on the new fork website, spent about an hour trying to workout that site but gave up and deleted my account. tbh its as confusing as hell and I work in IT!

I am keen to help test etc but that site isnt helping!

I have a lot of spare compute power on my dedicated server aswell as a couple of test lab servers.
  • Okay so I spun up an Ubuntu VM on ESXi last night, installed the fork from the dropbox link.
    All went well through the install, all services seemed to start okay.
    Then when I go to login it shows a page "Something went wrong".
    I am VERY interested in testing these builds but I dont understand how to use the website where you have the fork details.