Uploads don't appear in the Library unless I manually restart airtime-media-monitor
  • I've searched most of the threads on this subject and they all seem to be for older versions.
    I'm on 2.5.1.

I've (once again) done a completely clean install of Ubuntu and Airtime, scanned my files for non-UTF-8 filenames (there were non) and verified my folder permissions and ownership. All are good.

Airtime-check-system shows a clean bill of health.

In all cases, the files are .mp3s and are making it to the correct user's folder in /srv/airtime/stor/imported
    Sometimes files show up immediately, but more often, they can be there for hours and won't show up until I restart media-monitor. Even then, sometimes I have to do a "find & touch" to make the files look new and then they get noticed.

For a while, before I re-installed the system on a new drive, I had media-monitor restarting every fifteen minutes in crontab. That just bogged down the system. I have about 30k files in the library.

My DJs are becoming disheartened when they are trying to program their shows and can't add new tracks.

I'm spending hours and hours trying to find and kill this problem.
    Pollyanna sez: On the plus side, I'm learning a lot about Ubuntu. :-)
    Post edited by Matthew Pawloski at 2014-01-20 12:22:49
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • What Version of Airtime are you running?
    Is re-installing a feasible option?

Check these two logs 
    • /var/log/airtime/media-monitor/media-monitor.log
    • /var/log/airtime/pypo-liquidsoap/ls_script.log 
    to see if you have any indication of what is taking place.

Post Results for Assistance

V.O,I.S.S.E.S.

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Hello,

I'm running Airtime 2.5.1 on Debian 7.5 and having the same exact problem.
    Uploaded music files have stopped appearing in the library, though they are correctly stored.
    I've had to restart media-monitor for them to appear correctly.
    My DJs tell me it's working for some mp3s and not others. One of them tells that with a non-wokring mp3, he was able to have it work by stripping all metadata.
    I've had to restart media-monitor again this morning, and I fear I'll have to restart it daily.

There is nothing wrong in media-monitor.log (only INFO and DEBUG)
    lp_script.log seems ok, but I don''t really know what to look for in this log file.

Please tell me if I can give any useful info, and thanks in advance !
  • Rodrigue,
         Did you ever get your problem solved?  I am having almost the exact same issue.  Airtime 2.5.1, Debian 7.  I have to keep restarting media monitor.  I've noticed files with missing metadata get imported straight away but everything else does not appear until I do a media monitor restart.

Thanks,

-- Pat