Mix input streams instead of switching
  • Hello,

Can I modify Airtime to mix input streams ? For example, I have Scheduled with music as background, and I have remote connection to Master with voice. How I can mix both streams ? Voice and music on background. Better if I can decrease volume of music automaticly.

Many thanks for any information !
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • Not possible friend...
  • I wonder if this would be possible with liquidsoap. It certainly is a use case that would be interesting. As Roger said it doesn't exist in the current software.
  • Yeah it's possible with Liquidsoap. The overlapping track output bug with Airtime itself proves that out. Given that liqsoap reencodes everything on the fly anyway, purposefully layering tracks would be a huge improvement. Most professional playout software/hardware mixes several tracks in realtime...
  • Indeed it does seem like this might be feasible with Liquidsoap See - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26215894/mixing-two-icecast-stream-with-liquidsoap-and-stream-it-to-icecast-server and smooth_add here - http://savonet.sourceforge.net/doc-svn/cookbook.html

This is probably not going to be happening anytime soon but if I think it might be worth experimenting with in Liqudisoap.
  • I think this would be achieve with hardware.
    use like aux in
    no withstanding

#I use this to get a nice duck effect in my script
    radio = smooth_add(normal=radio,special=line_in)

#you could do this with Airtime
    #At  about line 284
    s = smooth_add(normal=s,special=line_in)

# where line_in could any source like a stream, a file or you mic in
    # and s would be anything from  Airtime system
    #the normal=radio [ie.your main source] will go lower than the special=line_in [ie.your new source]

there is some modification to the references you made

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26215894/mixing-two-icecast-stream-with-liquidsoap-and-stream-it-to-icecast-server
    would be best done this way since add a source to another will replace it so smooth_add is the function to use

source_1 = input.harbor('source1',port=9000)
    source_2 = input.harbor('source2',port=9001)

#reduce latency and stream buffers
    ignore(output.dummy(source_1, fallible=true))
    ignore(output.dummy(source_2, fallible=true))

#Change this line
    #mixed = add([source_1,source_2])
    #This will only worke in liquidsoap version>=1.11
    # if you have a version less than 1.11 remove smooth add in the
    #utils library and copy smooth_add from version 1.11

mixed = smooth_add(normal=source_1,special=source_2)

#you need to make mixed fallible so that
    #incase  one of the streams fail it become silent
    #your script will complain

output.icecast(%vorbis,id="icecast",                                                                                                                                     
                   mount="mystream.ogg",                                                                                                                                   
                   host="localhost", password="hackme",                                                                                                                 
                   icy_metadata="true",description="",                                                                                                          
                   url="",                                                                                                                               
                   mixed)
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2016-09-06 16:22:03
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.