End of Life - The Plot thickens - Serious Changes that will soon Affect Airtime
  • Vote Up-1Vote Down Voisses TechVoisses Tech
    I was just running through  numbers of changes that will soon Affect Airtime  and I am a persons who more thing we should be proactive than
    panic.

Zend Framework
    https://framework.zend.com/blog/2016-06-28-zf1-eol.html

With the release of Zend Framework 3, it's time to halt development on Zend Framework 1. As such, we hereby announce that Zend Framework 1 reaches its End of Life (EOL) three months from today, on 28 September 2016.

Between now and then, we will only provide security fixes, if any security reports are made in that time frame. Past that point, we will offer custom bug and security fixes for Zend Framework 1 on-demand only to Enterprise users of Zend Server.

Python 2.7
    http://legacy.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0373/
    The End Of Life date (EOL, sunset date) for Python 2.7 has been moved five years into the future, to 2020. This decision was made to clarify the status of Python 2.7 and relieve worries for those users who cannot yet migrate to Python 3. See also PEP 466.

Liquidsoap
    Unknown

Apache

RabbitMQ
    http://www.rabbitmq.com/news.html

The RabbitMQ team is pleased to announce the release of RabbitMQ

This release fixes a number of bugs in 3.6.2 and earlier
    versions, introduces systemd support in the Debian package,
    retires Debian package support for Ubuntu versions older than 14.04,
    and includes 3 new plugins into the main distribution. It also contains minor usability improvements.

Question Will our Airtime installation become most of a security risk than a benefits

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2016-07-06 17:59:45
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • 9 Comments sorted by
  • I must say that also a number of the jquery scripts in airtime is already questionable
    do not see much difference in forms for Zend v1 and v2 but the services have change just check Gdata and Twitter
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • I will do  two forms next week to show they really don't differ
  • I will do  two forms next week to show they really don't differ
  • Questionable jquery scripts doing what? I've noticed the saas doesn't seem to crash browser windows open for hours on end the way 2.5.x will.
  • My install of airtime and Rabbitmq brought down a whole stack of VPS' at my webhost a month back. Apparently rabbit went mad with polling and went into a infinite loop. My host wasn't impressed, when I finally got my machine back online they had removed rabittmq completely.
  • They removed rabbitmq from your instance or the entire machine? You don't have root?
  • I had the same thing, mine was on a dedi box so only my servers got hit.
    Had a mental runaway process that took the whole server down.
    Looking for an alternative to AT as it seems to be a dying project.
  • I still don't get how mental runaway processes can take down a properly sandboxed VPS.
  • I am not the only one, spoken to a few station owners that use AT and they have seen the same in the past.
    CPU gets hit hard, then a kernel panic then boom!