Airtime 2.5.2.1: This file appears to be corrupted and will not be added to media library.
  • Hello,

I've successfully installed Airtime 2.5.2.1 on Debian x86_64 (nearly, I still have some issues with liquidsoap), but I can't upload any MP3 file onto airtime.
    What ever file I choose, Airtime just returns "This file appears to be corrupted and will not be added to media library.".

I've read that, apparently Airtime was "checking" for the correctness of an MP3 file, is there any way to deactivate that? I have a big database of MP3 to use, I can't just re-encode all of them.
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • This is how I tried fixing my 500gb folder.
    It takes quite a while so be sure you have screen installed as well as mp3val.

screen -d -m -S MP3Fixer bash -c "find /var/Media/Music/ -type f -iname '*.mp3' -exec mp3val -f -nb $1 {}  \;"

Also if you want to check and apply mp3gain values to all your files, you might try this one with mp3gain package as well:

screen -d -m -S MP3Gain bash -c "find /var/Media/Music/ -type f -iname '*.mp3' -exec mp3gain -e -p -r -T -s r -s i -k $1 {}  \;"