• Hi,

I get the following error/output when running 'airtime-system-check':

What can I do to fix it?

Thanks,
    -w
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • As I said before in many post.
    change the stream type from ogg to mp3 or aac
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Dump Trusty and go with Wheezy. For sheezy. My neezy.
  • Thank you very much Voisses Tech. Changing to aac solved the problem.

I now pass the 'airtime-system-check', and have a mountpoint in the Icecast2 interface.

One question remains however. I was under the impression that Icecast2 didn't support streaming in the .acc format. It seems that it does being that there's a mountpoint for it though.

Will I need to convert my whole library to aac?

Thanks,
    -w
  • Let me say this Linux have many version to  applications,there is development,production,supported,unsupported,alpha,beta,third party,you name it

Icecast falls in those categories.
    I once read this

"Icecast does not officially support AAC, but if you send it an AAC or MP3 stream it will usually work. We don't support it officially due to patent concerns. For this reason we pass unsupported streams through without any handling.

The challenge is to find a good AAC encoder. FAAC works but is rather mediocre. ....."

I just compile my own ffmpeg and if you pass a "Walking Dead" through it ,without you  contaminate anything.

Infact I pass an Icecast stream to ffmpeg loop it and guess what I have a beautiful and stable RTMP stream.Save me from that 5$ per day or 50$ per month streamers

Thank The heavens for OPEN source.

Without it maybe we would be still getting milk by patent head phone company ,the web hosting company and so many other thieves and lairs (lawyers)

Winff is great for conversion and encoding
    its bad on 14.04 but works nicely on 12.04 and 15.04
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2016-02-18 20:21:56
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Actually, go with MP3 streaming. ALL of the major browsers support it via HTML5. No, you won't need to re-compress your assets. The Liquidsoap component of Airtime transcodes on the fly. :)
    Post edited by Roger Wilco at 2016-02-19 00:07:18