Stuck Processing ... in Now Playing and Library
  • Version: 2.5.1

Did an apt-get upgrade and ended up with a newer Apache which appeared to have caused the "Processing ..." message in Now Playing and Library. The end result is I can't schedule anything.

Have reviewed the host name in config files to ensure it's correct.

If it could help, I'd upgrade to 2.5.2 and optionally Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

Thanks for any assistance,
    Bill
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Reviewed the hosts configuration as outlined in the docs but nothing looked out of line. Then switched over to a prior configuration using Nginx and php-fpm instead of Apache but the problem was still there.

Finally, while looking at the logs yet another time, thought to look at the Show / hide colums dialog and found NO columns were selected. After selecting a few columns, tracks showed up as normal.

As a result of this finding, there's two defects:
    1. All columns mysteriously cleared.
    2. Show / hide columns dialog permits clearing all columns - this should not be possible.
    Could someone running 2.5.2.x try clearing all the columns in the Show / hide columns dialog and see if you see "Processing ..." displayed or some other unexpected behaviour? The dialog should not allow clearing all the columns or if it does, display a meaningful message such as, "No columns selected."

Thank you and best regards,
    -Bill
  • zend log
    look at that
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • zend log
    look at that

Thanks for that.

What I did is to run: airtime-log --view web
    which views: /var/log/airtime/zendphp.log

The log was showing the following stack trace with no columns selected:
    2016-02-12T15:51:24-05:00 INFO (6): [index.php : () : line 71] - array_key_exist
    s() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given
    2016-02-12T15:51:24-05:00 INFO (6): [index.php : () : line 73] - #0 [internal fu
    nction]: exception_error_handler(2, 'array_key_exist...', '/usr/share/airt...',
    1305, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/airtime/application/models/Preference.php(1305): array_key_exists(
    'ColReorder', NULL)
    #2 /usr/share/airtime/application/models/Preference.php(1325): Application_Model
    _Preference::getOrderingMap('library_datatab...')
    #3 /usr/share/airtime/application/models/Datatables.php(73): Application_Model_P
    reference::getCurrentLibraryTableColumnMap()
    #4 /usr/share/airtime/application/models/StoredFile.php(795): Application_Model_
    Datatables::findEntries(Object(PropelPDO), Array, '((SELECT PL.id ...', Array)
    #5 /usr/share/airtime/application/controllers/LibraryController.php(412): Applic
    ation_Model_StoredFile::searchLibraryFiles(Array)
    #6 /usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): Library
    Controller->contentsFeedAction()
    #7 /usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(
    295): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('contentsFeedAct...')
    #8 /usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Con
    troller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Obje
    ct(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
    #9 /usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php
    (97): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
    #10 /usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Application.php(366): Zend_Applica
    tion_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
    #11 /usr/share/airtime/public/index.php(64): Zend_Application->run()
    #12 {main}

So it seems when no columns are selected, null is passed instead of an array of the columns which is unexpected so an exception is thrown.

Does this still happen in 2.5.2?

-Bill
  • @ Bart

I do not use 2.5.2 but I can tell you exactly what is wrong. I cannot tell you how to fixed it unless you send me both the copy of the controller and the model  to try

look at this
    This is the only significant parts of the logs

2016-02-12T15:51:24-05:00 INFO (6): [index.php : () : line 73] - #0 [internal fu
    nction]: exception_error_handler(2, 'array_key_exist...', '/usr/share/airt...',
    1305, Array)

#1 /usr/share/airtime/application/models/Preference.php(1305): array_key_exists(
    'ColReorder', NULL)
    #2 /usr/share/airtime/application/models/Preference.php(1325): Application_Model
    _Preference::getOrderingMap('library_datatab...')
    #3 /usr/share/airtime/application/models/Datatables.php(73): Application_Model_P
    reference::getCurrentLibraryTableColumnMap()
    #4 /usr/share/airtime/application/models/StoredFile.php(795): Application_Model_
    Datatables::findEntries(Object(PropelPDO), Array, '((SELECT PL.id ...', Array)
    #5 /usr/share/airtime/application/controllers/LibraryController.php(412): Applic
    ation_Model_StoredFile::searchLibraryFiles(Array)

Basically look at 1305 /usr/share/airtime/application/models/Preference.php(1305)

and see why its missing from the library controller or becoming null at 412
    /usr/share/airtime/application/controllers/LibraryController.php

or what I do is setup an exception error to be verbose, and read that log
    something is missing from the library,which can be a statement or some punctuation compare  a previous controller with your current one

I met this problem when I attempted to do this modification,but I think I was doing it in a rush.
    I have not tried it since the revised version

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.