Adding multiple users (API?)
  • Hey guys
    I have over 100 DJs on my station and need to make them all users. Is there any quick way to do this? Import option or mass create or self-registration or via API? Can't see anything in API about this at all
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • No there is no action like that in the api.

All Users have to be crated first by admin.
    http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-25-for-broadcasters/

So sorry  roll up your sleeves.

I am puzzle and wondering  if you want to have users

p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%; }

"Import option or
    mass create or self-registration or via API?"

sound more appropriate for a web panel application rather than a server application.

The difference the web panel persons are responsible for the folder(directory or structure) assigned with

so you imagine some one messing up an import,you either would be getting a lot of calls or a corrupted database

The most usual user function of the api is get

whilst post and put are internal and require elevated permission and authentication

Therefore there would more than likely not be a self registration

Might be wrong but maybe you could request the feature

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Thanks Voisses, you are rocking the support on this forum!! :) 

You think a generic login approach would be better?
  • @James Hunt
    Thanks for the Thumbs up

Yes a generic login is the way.
    Here is a simple thought
    lets say you create a drupal setup.when the person login in they are taken to a page where,you create to redirect the user to containg the login in information

You have already create the multiple users in Airtime
    when the individual login

They are given details which includes  a fixed username and a password they can change (do not give all your users the same initial password)

welcome
    user :ghlkuser001
    pass: jonkim

please change your password and fill in the profile details when you logon
    You can log on to our server
    Thank you

Voisses
    SOMERADIO FM

Basically most service you logon to try to keep an identity of you though either your email or some other random generate identifier,you are basically doing the same except you have establish the identity before hand

you can also search for hosting panel and try one of those but i do not think you need to where you can do it all for free
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.