New Airtime install on Debian
  • Just about to start a fresh install on a new VM, been a while and last time i tried the latest version it all went very pear shaped.
    Whats the current situation? Is the latest build stable? installs correctly? Is it hard to customise the scripts to set a auto dj etc?
    Been looking in the forum but its very hard to workout what version people are using, reporting issues with etc...
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • I'm currently working off of 2.5.2.1 which mainly works on Ubuntu 14.04 without many issues. I don't know the situation with Debian. I also haven't really tested the auto-dj liquidscript hacks as I'm planning on developing something that anyone at the station could in theory administer so most of my work is going into refining Smart Blocks. It all depends upon how much time you want to put into getting it up and running and tested etc. I think most people that want to rely upon a install package are still using 2.5.1 but there are a lot of scheduling bugs that were fixed in 2.5.2 so I'd try to get that working if you can.
  • This thing is driving me nuts trying to get it to work on latest Debian
  • Use 7.9 instead. 8 isn't officially supported.