Connect to Master/Show Source Airtime 2.5.2.1 Help
  • Hi All,

I've finally got round to upgrading to Airtime 2.5.2.1 from 2.5.1. Admittedly I did have to create a new VM and install a fresh copy of Airtime, but it all seems to be working ok. Although there's issue that i'd like help with.

Can someone advise how to connect to the Master / Show Mounts. I've tried different software Altacast, Butt 0.1.13 and Edcast but I get the wrong username/password error or it simply wont connect.

I've read that people have had trouble connecting, but I haven't seen any posts on how to fix this. If I can't get this working i'll have to go back to 2.5.1 and that'd be a shame.

Is there a workaround or fix? Please help.   =:o )

BTW its running on Debian 7.8 if that helps.
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • You'll find an earlier thread on this but I used m3w Streamer.  Butt stopped working after a certain version.

• I have a fix. in ls_script, there are these two functions: 

#auth function for live stream
    def check_master_dj_client(user,password) =
        log("master connected")
        #get the output of the php script
        ret = get_process_lines("python /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_scripts/liquidsoap_auth.py --master #{user} #{password}")
        #ret has now the value of the live client (dj1,dj2, or djx), or "ERROR"/"unknown" ...
        ret = list.hd(ret)

#return true to let the client transmit data, or false to tell harbor to decline
        ret == "True"
    end

def check_dj_client(user,password) =
        log("live dj connected")
        ret = get_process_lines("python /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_scripts/liquidsoap_auth.py --dj #{user} #{password}")
        #ret has now the value of the live client (dj1,dj2, or djx), or "ERROR"/"unknown" ...
        hd = list.hd(ret)
        log("Live DJ authenticated: #{hd}")
        hd == "True"
    end

They are referencing the incorrect absolute path for liquidsoap_auth.py. If you change it to the correct path (in my case /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/airtime_playout-1.0-py2.7.egg/liquidsoap/liquidsoap_auth.py) it will solve it. Do a search for liquidsoap_auth.py on your system to ensure that this is the correct location. 

So the correct code should be 

#auth function for live stream
    def check_master_dj_client(user,password) =
        log("master connected")
        ret = get_process_lines("python /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/airtime_playout-1.0-py2.7.egg/liquidsoap/liquidsoap_auth.py --master #{user} #{password}")
        ret = list.hd(ret)

#return true to let the client transmit data, or false to tell harbor to decline
        ret == "True"
    end

def check_dj_client(user,password) =
        log("live dj connected")
        ret = get_process_lines("python /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/airtime_playout-1.0-py2.7.egg/liquidsoap/liquidsoap_auth.py --dj #{user} #{password}")
        hd = list.hd(ret)
        log("Live DJ authenticated: #{hd}")
        hd == "True"
    end

• i tried this and it didnt work has anyone gotten this to work
  • i tried this and it didnt work has anyone gotten this to work

Did you restart liquidsoap after you made the modification? You need to. 
  • Tried this and restarted service with no joy, same issue :(