airtime-liquidsoap wont start?
  • I've just installed airtime on Ubuntu 13.10, using the git (as the .deb failed to install, same as this, except having a half-installed deb pretty much broke apt). Now it's all shiny and running on nginx, I can get to the admin interface, create users, schedule shows, stream things over icecast (bypassing airtime), all that good stuff, but airtime-liquidsoap refuses to start. Here is a segment of the pypo.log file. I should note that I moved the airtime vhost to port 8080 to make it not conflict with what was already on port 80, and and updated everything in /etc/airtime to reflect that change. The trouble seems to start on line 48 of that paste:

Source listen failed while streaming: Ogg.Not_enough_data!

So, how do I make liquidsoap start? What does Ogg.Not_enough_data! mean? Or is that not even the main issue...
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    do you use the sourcefabric version ?
    do you have integrated sourcefabric to your sources.list ?
  • I am using the Sourcefabric version with the appropriate sources.list entry. Airtime! version is 2.5.1 i am having the same issue (along with a few others that i cant seem to resolve)
    i have ran the apt-get purge airtime icecast2 several times (took me 3 times to get into the web panel as Apache2 wasnt setup correctly to begin with) this last time i decided to purge icecast2 + airtime to see if that would fix it, however after re-configuring it looks like it ran for a few minutes and then liquid-soap crashed, its been stuck in a loop ever since. No settings have been changed in the console everything is factory default out-of-the-box. I have checked every setting i can imagine in every configuration file i could find (aside from knowing what to look for) everything seems to be configured correctly. At one point it looked like it was having a
    Connection failed: could not write data to host: Connection refused in write()
    error however a quick look through the Web UI let me change that in the stream settings that seemed to fix the issue and i had green lights across airtime-check-system I added a show and set up a playlist after setting up a watch directory and at the time of the show nothing happened. so i checked log files ran a loop to watch the output of the check-system sudo watch --color -n 0 airtime-check-system the issue seems to be tied to
    LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID          = FAILED
    thats when i noticed the little printout of the log file in the check system command running sudo tail -f /var/log/airtime/pypo-liquidsoap/ls_script.log gave me a giant amount of useful information (full log files can be found on my github seems Sourcefabric cannot post issues on there's) Also it seems to me that the file playout history is NOT logging files. If this function actually works it seems the issue is that the player is not playing. Which is odd due to the fact that the Now Playing tab clearly shows a counter and the currently playing track (or is it not playing the media and just THINKS that it is?) i have no idea how to check that last question as Icecast reports source_client_connections 528 and counting the currant connection is still 0 however every now and again a source pops up in the index (as shown by the icecast_Source.txt on the github link above) i do know that Icecast is functional and works with its currant configuration as both Sambroadcaster and MPD can connect and set up streams I am also able to move listeners back and forth between those 2 streams. I have also built my own DNS using bind9 due to the fact at one point i could not even access the Web Interface. If you require anymore information on diagnosing this issue please let me know.
  • make sure none of the stream settings is using ogg-vorbis.
    Its broken for liquidoap

this https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/11438/1-8-2-not-streaming-to-icecast/p1 may be relevant

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.