Automatically fill a show with a smart block?
  • Hello! On a radio I run using Airtime, we have a "show" that lasts 24 hours, filling an entire day, and we have it set to repeat daily, thus filling every day with this show that we then fill with a smart block. This smart block simply picks songs at random from our Airtime library for 8 hours, and we add that smart block every day to our "show" three times to fill the entire 24 hours. Is there a way to automate this process? To have shows default to adding a smart block each day, keeping the content dynamic and not adding the same songs every day? I've already looked into using modifications to the Liquidsoap scripts to shuffle songs on silence, however that would not allow us to have control over the show's playlist should we choose to log in to the admin panel and seamlessly take control of the show without having to interrupt the currently playing song (i.e. be able to start adding our own hand-picked songs after the song that is currently playing, etc.)
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • I need this feature too please. I want to have a smart block in a playlist. that updates itself when there is new music in the watchfolder