Only stream 1 works after database restore
  • Using Airtime 2.5.2 on Ubuntu 12.04.  Had 3 streams working as follows
    Stream 1:  Icecast Vorbis/ogg  port 8000 mount listen_ogg
    Stream 2:  Icecast mp3  port 8000  mount listen_mp3
    Stream 3:  Shoutcast mp3  port 8010  mount listen_mp3

System hard drive on server was going bad.  Backed up airtime using  sudo -u postgres pg_dumpall | gzip -c > airtime-backup.gz
    Installed new hard drive, installed same Ubuntu 12.04 from my cd, did all updates
    Installed apache2, icecast2, shoutcast, rabbitmq, etc. and finally airtime and got everything working then restored airtime to get
    playlists and music library back

sudo -u postgres dropdb airtime

gunzip airtime-backup.gz
    sudo -u postgres psql -f airtime-backup

login to airtime via localhost - all my settings are there as before but stream 2 gets can't connect error (refused in write)
    and stream 3 gets error bad password.  I've tried disabling stream 2 and 3, then save, then re-enter information for
    stream 2 and 3, then save and get same errors.  I've tried re-defining stream 1 using data for stream 2, works fine,
    same for stream 3 data.  Both icecast and shoutcast are working and stream 1 always works for each of the three
    configurations.  Stream 2 and stream 3 never work and always return the same error regardless of the configuration
    entered. Any help would be most appreciated.

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Addendum:  examined airtime database using psql

SELECT * FROM cc_stream_setting;

shows 220 rows with many repetition of the errors I'm getting when trying to save the stream configurations from airtime.  I don't know enough about psql or how airtime uses this table to attempt any correction.
  • /var/log/postgresql-9.1-main.log has some errors involving the cc_stream_setting table during the airtime database restore.  I've attached an excerpt from the log showing the errors.  Hope this provides the necessary clue on how to fix it.
  • While editing a couple of large play-lists, I saved them and then mistakenly hit the "clear" button.  Later I discovered the clear turned them into empty play-lists :-(  oops!  So since I still had the airtime backup, I dropped the airtime database and restored it again.  This time there were no errors and viola - all three streams are now working!  I was afraid to try a second restore earlier, but necessity if the mother of invention and desperation so after accidentally deleting several large play lists I figured I had nothing to lose.

Thanks for listening, the problem appears solved.