Albert FR will not help anymore :(
  • This is a very sad news...
    Albert Bruc, known in this Forum as Albert FR, died last week from a heart attack...
    If I post this in the Airtime Forum it's just because Albert FR was (he is still at this date) the most active user in this forum (1978 posts)...
    I know he helped many of you guys and perhaps some of you PM him lately and didn't get any answer... or just wonder where is he since he didn't post anything those last few weeks...
    Albert Bruc had a wife and 2 children... All our thoughts are with his family

PS: I will understand If the Admin of the forum want to delete this posts... but it was the only way for me to tell people who knew Albert and was waiting for an answer...
  • 12 Comments sorted by
  • Younes, this is terrible news. I'm so sorry to hear about this.

I had a wonderful call with Albert back at the end of April, and we were
    discussing ways we could work together even more closely. He was indeed an
    active member of this community, but more importantly, a strong advocate
    for open source and open culture.

My deepest condolences go out to his family, as well as to his friends and
    colleagues at Divergence FM.

doug

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 4:22 PM, Younes Duret <<br />airtime-support@lists.sourcefabric.org> wrote:

> This is a very sad news...
    > Albert Bruc, known in this Forum as Albert FR, died last week from a heart
    > attack...
    > If I post this in the Airtime Forum it's just because Albert FR was (he is
    > still at this date) the most active user in this forum (1978 posts)...
    > I know he helped many of you guys and perhaps some of you PM him lately
    > and didn't get any answer... or just wonder where is he since he didn't
    > post anything those last few weeks...
    > Albert Bruc had a wife and 2 children... All our thoughts are with his
    > family
    >
    > PS: I will understand If the Admin of the forum want to delete this
    > posts... but it was the only way for me to tell people who knew Albert and
    > was waiting for an answer...
    >
    >
    Douglas Arellanes
    Director of Innovation
    Sourcefabric, o.p.s.

Find a way or make one.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Josh McLainJosh McLain
    I'm saddened to hear about the loss of Albert. While I didn't know him well, it was obvious he was very generous, especially with his time when it came to helping other users. In the 4 years I've been with Sourcefabric, I've seen firsthand how Albert interacted with our community and can say for certain that it was better because he was a member.

Personally, and on behalf of Sourcefabric and the Airtime team, our condolences to his family and friends. Our thoughts will certainly be with them. We'll also be dedicating the next release of Airtime to Albert.

Younes, if you have any more information about the services, I'd appreciate it if you could PM me. 
  • Thank you for your message Josh!
  • My condolences to his family/friends. He was a huge part of this community. Rest in peace, Albert.
  • Oh noooooo ! it's terrible !!

Albert was become my friend, me too i come from France, but leave in Quebec now. He should be help me to update my airtime server the last week, i am... So sad this today and i think to this family :-(

Albert help me to install and configurate my airtime server from one year now, me and him speak always with Hangout or by phone.

Albert you was a great man !! Thank you for your help
  • Thank you guys for your messages... I'm sure he's happy from where he is :)

• Very sad to hear this news. I really admired Albert's enthusiasm and despite the language barrier he was always trying to help others. My deepest condolences to his family.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Vote Up0Vote Down NaomiNaomi
    Sad news to hear... You could always count on Albert FR to try and help you out on these forums. I enjoyed hearing his input for the community. RIP.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    I feel very sad, my deepest condolences to his family.
    Sofab-family lost one of his members ;-(
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • He helped me a lot in the early days and kept in contact outside of this forum.
    He quietly helped a lot of people with none of the yards of razzamataz and gong banging that can be seen elsewhere in these threads.
    A great loss to me, Airtime and his family. I shall miss him.
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • R.I.P Albert, your help lives on.
  • Condolences to the Family

Gone too soon

We will definitely miss you Albert Fr.
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.