Liquidsoap fdkaac not working
  • After many days and weeks of trying to install and run airtime with fdkaac support, no good news has come my way.
    I use Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty,
    Followed the official sourcefabric.org guide to install liquidsoap from source with fdkaac enabled.
    Though at some point. /configure could not complete until I installed after a lot of search, opam 1.2.1 and ocaml 4.01.1. The latest stable opam does not work with liquidsoap dependencies. Have to find a workaround there.

So after everything, liquidsoap installed, airtime installed. But, most unfortunately, fdkaac refused to work.
    I also built fdk-aac from source.

Please is there any person who has gotten this working in Ubuntu 14.04, I will like to know what and how you did it.
    I'm unnecessarily losing sleep because of this issue
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Use Debian 7 instead of Ubuntu.
  • Wow. I already paid for the Ubuntu 14.04 VPS. Let me check and know whether they can reinstall debian free of charge for me.
    Thanks though.
  • Use Debian 7 instead of Ubuntu.

Have done the installation of Debian 7.
    Following the instructions here, https://wiki.sourcefabric.org/display/CC/Building+Liquidsoap+from+Source
    But stuck at ./configure. Could not find bytes module.
    So there is need to install opam also.
    Can you advice the best way and which version to install.
    I tried installing as described here https://opam.ocaml.org/doc/Install.html
    but ended up with

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     opam : Depends: camlp4-extra but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: ocaml-native-compilers but it is not going to be installed
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

• I later understood that the headache happens to occur because of some new bytes module dependency that was added to liquidsoap recently.
    Had to look for an older version of the source and compiled it. Everything works fine now.

PS: had to go back to Ubuntu 14.04