Moving a show with content in 2.5.1 does not move the content!
  • Hi all,

I have just installed 2.5.1 on Ubuntu 14.04 and come across a bug where if a show is entered for 17:00 to 17:05 and filled with content, but then edited to start at 16:55 to 17:00 instead, the show's content is still scheduled to start at 17:00!

You can see this by clicking 'Show Content' in the Calendar view.

Anyone else come across this bug?  Any fixes for it?

James
  • 9 Comments sorted by
  • Who would schedule a 5 minute show? That makes no sense. There are lots of problems with Airtime; your issue is barely scratching the surface of the bugs and problems this software has. More important things need to be addressed first, but considering the dwindling community here that died down after 2013, Airtime is looking more and more like vaporware.
    • Is your page cache? try exit the browser (not F5) and re-enter
    • Did you have any show schedule at 16:55 -17:00 and any after 17:00 prior to the changes and are these linked shows?
    • Try scan forward by moving to the next day or so on the calendar  and then return
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • I do feel there are lot more people using Airtime and also a lot more solutions are here,so most people just
    search,find the answers and move along.

that can be attest by the fact that the sf team are doing more commercial oriented solutions.

I am seeing airtime even in hosting companies who never comes here to issue a complain or suggestions of bug fixes,they even suggest they love its stability

good luck
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • @bob: the 5 minute show was just a test to check playback, but Airtime should be able to create shows of this length (and shorter - 1 minute is the minimum duration) and they should be able to be moved.

@voisses: It is not a browser cache problem because the files do not play out with liquidsoap either. I also just tried scheduling a show for 10:00 to 10:30 am on the 4th August 2015 where there are no other shows in the schedule and then moved it to 9:00 am and the same thing happened (see screenshot). Refreshing the page/deleting the cache/moving forward a day and then back does not fix the problem!

best,
    James
    Post edited by James Dunn at 2015-07-14 05:32:03
  • This is not a bug its a misunderstanding on your part

Latin waves was schedule to start at 10pm and is register in the database at that time
    at that time  your show was schedule to start at 10.00

if you move the show to 9.00 then if you want the same contents at 9.00 then you need to

• now include the content  to that time
    • delete the content at 10.00

AH boy! ,you must be saying,I want both the contents and the show to move at the same time (this may require  new feature as explained

Lets say a radio station had a 10.00 clock show schedule for some reason it now need to move 9.00 o'clock (airtime and the basic database would say yes create that new show time

BUT

does the content of the previous show need to move to this show time ( or do you need to fill contents until the contents is ready to play like if your host/dj say I am coming in late) and so when you hit that update show,it should ask,Do you want the contents of the last show to be include? then it move the contents to that new show time (so this is the feature you need)

Now for a little database understanding

each object is given a new key (primary identifer) hence Latin show  is identified already to play at 10.00

If you want to place that object somewhere else you need to either delete it or update Move it

Similar each show is uniquely identify if you move it move contents too

Hope you got it

If not go to the now playing and filter to the date and time slot

Yo will see a blank spot for the 9.oclock just fill it

What airtime should do is have a tip that say "you are updating your show,contents are no longer valid for the previous time slot,you need to update the content field with either your previous contents or new additional contents

You can find this procedure here https://youtu.be/4OYdnaWKVCE

Good luck

V

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2015-07-15 01:35:16
  • I think you have misunderstood what I was saying.

The steps to recreate it this are as follows:

1) Create a new show (eg from 10:00 to 11:00)
    2) Populate the show with content
    3) Edit the show so that the new start time is from 09:00 to 10:00
    4) The show's content should also move. It doesn't

This is a 'feature' that existed in 2.4, yet is broken 2.5.1. That is a bug in my book.
  • You maybe need to look at  bug fixed CC-5376    https://dev.sourcefabric.org/browse/CC-5376

I can only give you the message

In 2.4 Link shows was introduce to combat a number of scheduling issues.

in 2.5  a slight change was made where Contents are treated as either

• static - one off shows as you do and in your case if you schedule  particular show for a one off instance and are specific to that instance when it is schedule and the time slot

You can find this procedure here https://youtu.be/4OYdnaWKVCE

or

• dynamic  -  that is they are linked and if you re-schedule the contents are also reschedule

You can find this procedure here https://youtu.be/Wb1hE2EA-ns

if you want to have your contents move with the schedule it has to be linked.

Remember when a particular feature is introduce you  will have changes.

Static contents as per above is similar to loading your broadcast console in major Radio station,If you show have to be amended then you have to delete the existing contents.    

if you think its still an issue  then file a bug  report
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2015-07-15 01:37:55
  • There is so much possibilities  why you are getting overlapping shows but almost 99% of the times this occur for me ,I find that its my (human error)fault.So let me explain the two most scenario for me.

CASE 1

Lets say I schedule a show to Run from 10.00pm on Tuesday on on 2nd February to 6:00am on Wednesday 3rd February(MY Show).

At sometime later I decide I want to schedule ( another ) show but it should start at 5:00 am on Wednesday 3rd February.

I then go to the calendar and for some reason I never properly close out the create show box and I just start creating the new show . I normally get this error.

Obviously I should have
    1. update the old show on Tuesday ,
    2. close it  and
    3. then create the new show

My fail-safe to this is to

• set my browser to do not remember my history so no cache page is left when I close my browser
    • look carefully at the time and date on the calendar to ensure I have no show schedule at the times I want to use for the new show to be created
    CASE 2
    Same scenario as case1 but I created a Repeat Show or a Repeated-Link Show
    My biggest problem here is lets say I chose to Repeat the show every Tuesday
    Now I went back to create a show Monday to Friday 2am -3am starting on February 26th
    Obviously the 2am-3am slot has being filled every Tuesday so I will get overlapping

So what you want to do also
    • Is To ensure your dates and times are not already schedule to  future date and time
    • Tr set the Calendar to at least month view (not day or weekly)
    • close the shows after you create them
    • update and close previously created shows which were created with repeats in the future

If you read mime,you could take a look at this https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/comment/33217#Comment_33217

just notice my pointers

Good Luck

• 2.5.1 has a lot of weird scheduling bugs. I'd fully recommend using 2.5.2 where they solved a number of these issues. Getting it installed can be tricky because of the lack of debian packages but I think it'd be worth the hassle to avoid some of the bugs.