upgrade.php issues
  • It's been a while since I had to deal with Newscoop stuff, so I am probably forgetting things I previously figured out but...
    I'm attempting to upgrade an old 4.2.1 (NOT 4.1.2 as I've seen mixed up in another forum post) installation.

mydomain.com/upgrade.php get's me nowhere. well actually it gets me redirected to  mydomain.com/index.php

I feel like I have to do something first - we wouldn't want random visitors to be able to trigger upgrade scripts - but I didn't see anything in the online manual, http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/newscoop-43-for-journalists-and-editors/backup-and-upgrade/ - but I can't shake the feeling I knew what was required before.

Please help!
    thanks,
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    Install new empty newscoop instance and restore there a backup file from
    existing instance.

On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 11:56 AM, captain stupy <<br />newscoop-support@lists.sourcefabric.org> wrote:

> It's been a while since I had to deal with Newscoop stuff, so I am
    > probably forgetting things I previously figured out but...
    > I'm attempting to upgrade an old 4.2.1 (NOT 4.1.2 as I've seen mixed up in
    > another forum post) installation.
    >
    > mydomain.com/upgrade.php get's me nowhere. well actually it gets me
    > redirected to mydomain.com/index.php
    >
    > I feel like I have to do something first - we wouldn't want random
    > visitors to be able to trigger upgrade scripts - but I didn't see anything
    > in the online manual,
    > http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/newscoop-43-for-journalists-and-editors/backup-and-upgrade/
    > - but I can't shake the feeling I knew what was required before.
    >
    > Please help!
    > thanks,
    >
    >
  • Thanks. I guess I didn't know before.

And...

This will work for an upgrade from 4.2.1 right to the current version without an intermediary step?

I can take this opportunity to switch to the apt repo installation without hitting an incompatibility blocks during the backup?

I'm kind of assuming both these are 'yes', but I'm asking before I hit a problem and start banging my head against it.

Thanks
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    12 Июл 2015 г. 21:55 пользователь "captain stupy" <<br />newscoop-support@lists.sourcefabric.org> написал:
    >
    > Thanks. I guess I didn't know before.
    >
    > And...
    >
    > This will work for an upgrade from 4.2.1 right to the current version
    without an intermediary step?

Yes, you can use latest nescoop version (4.4.4 will be released on next
    week)

>
    > I can take this opportunity to switch to the apt repo installation
    without hitting an incompatibility blocks during the backup?

hm, I recommend using classic tarball based installation

>
    > I'm kind of assuming both these are 'yes', but I'm asking before I hit a
    problem and start banging my head against it.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    >
  • okay. Is it just a relic of aging documentation that debian/ubuntu repo source is the "recommended" install method? I tried it a couple of years ago and think I had an issue during an update/upgrade but figured it's a couple years later and recommended. I'll stick with the zip/tar.

thanks again, again
  • okay. Is it just a relic of aging documentation that debian/ubuntu repo source is the "recommended" install method? I tried it a couple of years ago and think I had an issue during an update/upgrade but figured it's a couple years later and recommended. I'll stick with the zip/tar.

thanks again, again