Admin user interface same as DJ user.
  • I logged in as a DJ user for testing. When I then logged out as DJ user and logged in as admin, I get the same interface as a DJ user. There is no SYSTEM option in the menu and I cannot schedule shows or add content when logged in as admin. Is there a way to check what privileges the admin account has, or a way to reset all user privileges, including admin? I have no idea how I did this to myself.  Thank you for any help!
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • I hate Answering these question as I hope there is no nefiourous intent

but give your admin a new password ad type these command at the prompt

sudo -u postgres psql airtime
    airtime=# UPDATE cc_subjs SET pass = md5('mynewpassword') where login = 'admin';

short of that you just have to dpkg

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • If he can run these queries, I suppose that he is the admin of the server!  :)
  •  @James Kokou Gaglo wrote
    "If he can run these queries, I suppose that he is the admin of the server!
    "

I guess so but
    lets take an innocent locked out because the person select the dj tab for the admin then that command suppose to reset the password and update the tables.

but I know better because if you every tried to change anything in the admin,it will ask for things like userpass,email etc. so it has to take a little effort to just change the admin.

so my suggestion to anyone first always create yourself  with admin privilleges (like username: john pass: I dont care a rats ass) them make yourself a member of the admin group.
    Now for security reason go change the admin account pass to something long and weird so that even if those junkie try brute fore the admin ,or lock out with retries ,you are way ahead of the Game.

Now is it coincident there is another post wanting to use html special characters for entering first characters.Well I don't know!

So thats why I suggest maybe just

sudo dpkg-reconfigure airtime

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • For those who need the rights rules of users are

view schedule
    view show content

DJ
    All Guess rights
    plus
    Managed assigned show content
    Import media files
    create playlist,smartblocks and webstreams
    Manage their Own Library Content

Program Manager
    All Dj rights
    Plus
    Schedule Shows
    Manage all Library Content

Admin
    Full rights and control including but not limmited to
    Manage and View Stats,Users,Preferences,Contents,feedback