Metadata for show not updating when relaying webstream
  • I have selected to have "show - artist - title" as metadata out from airtime in my icecast stream, and it's working great when i'm scheduling files in a show. But when i only schedule a webstream ( only one webstream, nothing else )  in a show, the show metadata is not updating.
    For example. If I have one show called "Music" filled with mp3 files, and the next show called "Live from Toronto" filled with only one webstream, when "Live from Toronto" is playing it still says "Music" in the metadata as show name.
    I have no problem with artist and title. It's updating as it shall.

I assume that this have to do with that the webstream only contains artist and title, so it can't find show so therefore can not update show-meta.

So my question is if there is any ways "lock" the metadata for show to the show name in airtime, no matter what has been scheduled? 

I'm still running airtime 2.5.1 on debian
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Hello! Sorry, this is a known bug...  :-B
  • Do we have a bug tracker for this issue?
  • Yes, known bug with webstreams, I get around by forcing metadata settings directly on icecast.
  • Is there any other work arounds to get it to work, in liquidsoap maybe?
  • Yeah I think that when  referred to change the ls lib that the metadata for web stream was fixed as long as the webstream  contained such.

also the  Showname was attached to the title and what I did was to use php explode to seperate them.

Let me scrtagh my head for today and i will loook it over again
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.