Ingest feed error in Superdesk
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Tom HTom H
    Hi,

After successfully installing SuperDesk demo on Ubuntu desktop (thanks to Yauhen!), I have moved to installing it on Ubuntu Server running on VirtualBox and everything is working fine using a browser on the host machine (windows 8.1 running Chrome) and logging in ok to SuperDesk running on the VB guest. 

I am having issues getting any ingest feeds to work though. I am sticking to RSS as I imagine it to be the simplest to setup for testing but when I setup to pull from a BBC feed it brings up errors and nothing is ingested. I have tried for other RSS feeds also and same. Here is output from terminal:

cerberus.cerberus.ValidationError: (1001, TypeError('decoding str is not supported',), {'content_expiry': 2880, 'type': 'rss', 'update_schedule': {'seconds': datetime.datetime(1970, 1, 1, 0, 0, tzinfo=tzutc()), 'minutes': 5}, 'config': {'field_aliases': [], 'url': 'http://feeds.bbci.co.uk/news/rss.xml?edition=uk'}, '_created': datetime.datetime(2015, 5, 8, 12, 49, 56, tzinfo=tzoffset(None, 0)), '_updated': datetime.datetime(2015, 5, 8, 12, 49, 56, tzinfo=tzoffset(None, 0)), '_etag': 'acc936033744cec8013ba768e7604dc0b70d5e28', 'source': 'News Home', 'notifications': {'on_close': True, 'on_error': True, 'on_open': True, 'on_update': True}, '_id': ObjectId('554cb0f4534e9300e11bfe96'), 'name': 'BBC', 'last_opened': {'opened_by': ObjectId('5542a12ad6833500120d5618'), 'opened_at': datetime.datetime(2015, 5, 8, 12, 49, 56, tzinfo=tzoffset(None, 0))}, 'idle_time': {'hours': datetime.datetime(1970, 1, 1, 0, 0, tzinfo=tzutc()), 'minutes': datetime.datetime(1970, 1, 1, 0, 0, tzinfo=tzutc())}, 'is_closed': datetime.datetime(1970, 1, 1, 0, 0, tzinfo=tzutc())})

any ideas? I will try setting up an FTP server now to pull in demo data but do you have any test sources I can use?

regards,
    Tom
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Tom,

the problem seems to only appear on Superdesk instances that are installed by using Docker. The RSS ingest works flawlessly on other installations.

After some further examination we determined that the cause of the problems is most likely the library we use for parsing RSS feeds. What we don't know (yet), however, is why this occurs on "docker" instances only, it could be something in the installation process that sets up the environment differently.

We will keep you posted once we know more.

Regards,
    Peter Lamut
    OK many thanks Peter, I will await your reply. I'm having trouble setting up FTP too, I have an FTP server setup on my machine but can't ingest (seems fine when I test with FileZilla). Not sure why the ingest feed config in Superdesk is asking for 'Local path' as well as 'path', what am I supposed to enter for local path? I am getting '500 Unknown command' errors no matter what I input in the 'Local path'

I will try and install Superdesk manually without docker also though.

Best regards
    Tom
  • hello tom,

local path is where files are downloaded from ftp, you can try to use /tmp

petr
  • For the reference - I was told that Tom already got the access to a demo Superdesk instance, thus I think we can consider this resolved.

Best,
    Peter
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Sava TatićSava Tatić
    Yes, but he also wants it installed locally. He has the demo for comparison
    (i.e. how things should work).

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 12:52 PM, Peter Lamut <<br />superdesk-dev@lists.sourcefabric.org> wrote:

> For the reference - I was told that Tom already got the access to a demo
    > Superdesk instance, thus I think we can consider this resolved.
    >
    > Best,
    > Peter
    >
    >
    Hi Sava, no I don't have access to an online demo yet, I am just running the docker version locally but you are right, I would like to run both if possible to compare.

Many thanks
    Tom
  • Vote Up0Vote Down LeksaLeksa
    SystemError [1001] on ingest provider Time: decoding str is not supported

Here what i got in docker installation..