Backup Airtime
  • I'm trying to make a backup of Airtime but have troubles :/

Ok I have been reading the tutorial here: http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-25-for-broadcasters/_draft/_v/1.0/backing-up-the-server/

When I type : sudo -u postgres pg_dumpall | gzip -c > airtime-backup.gz

I get this error:

root@naatan:~# sudo -u postgres pg_dumpall | gzip -c > airtime-backup.gz

could not change directory to "/root"

How to achieve this backup?

Post edited by Xavier Coiffic at 2015-04-29 11:04:18
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • Do not waste your Time with this.
    • It has no advantage ,none of your smart blocks,calendar information etc is store and can be restored.Unless you like headache
    • Its is best you start fresh if some thing goes wrong.nothing of significant is store in the database
    • I have installed airtime on a machine some 2 years ago and all the reasons like corrupted database have never occurred and you are not dealing with any need for separate database.One Airtime install serves anywhere like thin client architecture
    • Just raid your drive and one goes out replace it and you are good to go

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • anyway to preserve the calendar? 
  • You don't want to even try. The best solution is to install it to a vps that has imaging capabilities and to start fresh whenever possible like voisses mentioned. Sorry...
  • ok guys gonna purge and re-install then :D
  • well, I have been able to generate it. If anybody is having the same issue give that a try.

create a new folder ex: backup then enter it.

:~# cd /backup
    :~# sudo -u postgres pg_dumpall | gzip -c > airtime-backup.gz

It finally appears.

• Yup. I set up a CRON job to do the same. Saved my bacon a couple of times. Not backing up is madness.
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.