Any way to so sort by filename in order to make a playlist?
  • Hello,

I have imported my songs, but I can't find a column option for filename?  I would like to sort by filename, Then create playlists from it.  If not, is there a way to add it?

Thank you 
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • Airtime relies on metatags no file path

That is because Airtime is supposed to be for professional stations who relies on Radio STats.

You can however place any column in the database and the library,if you are inclined to do so.

Good luck

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Thank you. could you please tell me how to tell me where to find the procedure?
  • Use an ID3 tagging utility to shift all of your file name data over to proper tags instead.
  • I have been doing id3 tags for years.  This is NOT a song radio station, but lectures with 1000's of files.  Making the title and filenames the same is not appropriate in my case.  A procedure to sort by filename would be great, please.

• Kenn eth said:

I have been doing id3 tags for years.  This is NOT a song radio station, but lectures with 1000's of files.  Making the title and filenames the same is not appropriate in my case.  A procedure to sort by filename would be great, please.

Step back a little @kenneth

Always remember a fresh look and fresh ideas sometimes beats any experience.
    So once some one say "Try this!" look at it analytically and then weigh the pros and cons.
    tagging your files is far advantages than a filename.

Worst case your hard drive is damaged,when you restore it,you will see some weird names

A lesser case,nearly all times I tried to store my files ,they are listed as track1,track 2,track 3.....

I remember some one saying to me to play some music from a library and I said "How do you know a particular song?" to which they reply "I know its that folder and track3.m4a?"

So I said watch this I tag  100 and I said tell me a song to play?" He said "Donkey goes to market"

I type donkey in the search field and Bam 4 of them turns up

OH YES I HEAR YOU! Its not Music
    My lecture notes are tag,even my daily video log library. So if I need Last weeks I just type 04212015 and bam its there

So if you cannot see The logic yet then "May the force takes you to your final destination"

Now if you are still reading then let me say this again "You can modified the database to put a custom table."
    I might show you that but its not something that would help anyone but few.Open source is not that its about doing something that will help you but the world at large

A lot of software has this capability but I do not really see its purpose in reporting in any form.

Here are Three of the best Gui Taggers I know

KID3       my Favourite
    Ex Falso  My second Favourites

EasyTag  Good but will Crash some times

And PyRenamer

I have a playout which takes import the tracks and convert them to wav. It index them to 0001.wav,002.wav etc
    Thats how Airtime imports them in the library

If You look at the schedule playout cache ( /var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache),you will see the queue

So Go start tagging away.

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • Kenn eth said:

I have been doing id3 tags for years. 

You are in the wrong field. Computing require you to be fresh.do new things,new ideas,new concepts,new approach.
    Yesterday is the past,ther have been billions of code changes,since you went to sleep last night

Not because your Doctor  has been doing it a long time he will not give you bad pills.

I am afraid when You show me your credentials,I want to see someone who can do the work.

Credentials only shows you have the capability to do the work,not that you can do the work.

If you ever being in college,you would definetly not hire most people who graduate,because even the student who was always "exploring space",but manage to graduate  will be unleash on the innocent society

Kenn eth said:

This is NOT a song radio station, but lectures with 1000's of files.

Wrong software you are using,you might just need itunes and trust me if you had not tag them properly "Dog will have your supper" Its a night mare where the food (music) disappear  and  vanish .
    Please read the first line here http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-25-for-broadcasters/what-is-airtime/
    it tells you What is Airtime

Kenn eth said:

Making the title and filenames the same is not appropriate in my case.  A procedure to sort by filename would be great, please.

Change your  discussion section to Development,I will help you over there

This is a custom function as I explained above