Fresh install, MP3 works, OGG/Vorbis does not.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down OmegaOmega
    Hello,

I've just installed fresh Debian 7.0 and newest Airtime - everything went well.

I've set up calendar, library, stream it goes LIVE, ON AIR light is ON.

It works in WINAMP on my second computer when Stream Type is set to MP3.

But when it is OGG/Vorbis it does not work - tried install ogg codecs and playing other soft like Media Player Classic and Windows Media Player.

What could be the reason?
  • 10 Comments sorted by
  • Try doing a search for OGG + winamp. These players do not natively support
    OGG.

Alternatively try using VLC, which will have built-in support.

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 5:37 PM, Omega <<br />airtime-support@lists.sourcefabric.org> wrote:

> Hello,
    >
    > I've just installed fresh Debian 7.0 and newest Airtime - everything went
    > well.
    >
    > I've set up calendar, library, stream it goes LIVE, ON AIR light is ON.
    >
    > It works in WINAMP on my second computer when Stream Type is set to MP3.
    >
    > But when it is OGG/Vorbis it does not work - tried install ogg codecs and
    > playing other soft like Media Player Classic and Windows Media Player.
    >
    >
    > What could be the reason?
    >
    >
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • I have the same issue. Was working on another install and now no sound on my stream when using ogg to be sent to a mp3 stream.
  • In the interface of airtime it's telling that is playing but on my stream it's telling me offline.
  • You have the same issue of not being able to listen to an OGG through an obsolete program that's no longer distributed?
  • I think I have the same problem as well.

On my Ubuntu installation if I change my stream type to Ogg instead of mp3 my schedule stops playing. When I change it back to Mp3 streaming it works again.

It is not that it doesn't work with winamp, it just doesn't stream. The red "On Air" turns to gray as well.
  • Why use ogg? It's a battery hog that's barely supported on mobile devices...
  • Because you can?
    Because you like having/offering alternates?
    Just because?

• Ogg has been a problem and a somewhat bug.
    If you look at the logs you will see it stating that there is not sufficient data.

Check on the liquidsoap version you are using

liquidsoap --version

if you see this

Liquidsoap 1.1.1
    Copyright (c) 2003-2013 Savonet team
    Liquidsoap is open-source software, released under GNU General Public License.
    See <http://liquidsoap.fm>for more information.

you will have the problem

If you have the sourcefabric version ,you might not have that problem

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2015-04-23 10:21:49
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Go with Opus instead!  ;)
  • Read My Rant Here
    https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/comment/32667#Comment_32667

AAc is better

Opus is less supported on media players
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.