Airtime and its components question
  • old thread: http://sourceforge.net/p/savonet/mailman/message/28186599/

Hi Martin,

As
    you're mentioned at the thread linked above - Airtime talks to liquidsoap via telnet, I got a question:

What if liquidsoap is installed on
    separate server/node, how I need to configure Airtime to communicate
    them together?

Also,  same if Postgres is installed on separate machine, how to configure Airtime for that situation?

Just added: is would be good combination to install say: icecast and liquidsoap on one machine; postgres and rabbitmq on another; airtime and mixxx on another? Is that OK or you can offer better distributions?

I suspect, we need to tweak the Airtime install script if those components are not at the same server installed, right?

Any practical advices on that approach? 

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Post edited by Alex Gainulin at 2015-02-26 16:44:09
    www.actionsch.com - Bringing talents in life!
    + Action Radio School +
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • Here is my updates on this:
    I was able to install Airtime on clustered env.
    DB + MQ - own node
    Airtime + Apache - own node.
    Icecast - own node

Still need a help with last component: Liquidsoap
    I planning to put it on node with Icecast, but do not know how I need to configure pypo to deal with LS on different server.

Anyone can help me with this?
    + Action Radio School +
  • Airtime Support!
    Can anyone please help me out with configuring airtime-liquidsoap located on different server/node?
    I was able successfully pass a checkpoint in pypo (airtime-playout), but still in doubts on airtime-liquidsoap script. At this moment I have liquidsoap running on separated box, so wondering how to proper adapt "airtime-liquidsoap" init script so airtime is able to manage it.
    + Action Radio School +
  • Friend! Are you trying to get hacked? Cuz what you're attempting to do is an awesome way to walk right into trouble...
  • All I am trying to achieve is separate liquidsoap from airtime.
    If that is impossible by design then just say it, so I will drop this attempt. Thank you.
    + Action Radio School +
  • There's no reason to separate Airtime from Liquidsoap or the DBs. You definitely want your public Icecast IP to be completely separate from your private Airtime/Liquidsoap machine though!
  • Ok, thanks.
    Liquidsoap install: how critical if build it without camomile.? Just wondering.
    + Action Radio School +