Bizarre problem with airtime
  • Hello, I have the latest version of airtime.  ubuntu 14.04.  It was working fine logging into icecast on another ubuntu server, etc.  But after reboot, now it says connected in streams, but it really isn't.  I even tried putting in a bogus password, username, ip, etc., but it still says connected.  Any ideas?  Thank you. 
  • 8 Comments sorted by
  • You wut? Are your Icecast and Airtime servers separate?
  • Yes they are. 
  • Any particular reason why you're using an unsupported distro that's simply too new for Airtime? Just use Debian Wheezy, friend!!
  • Not sure why you say Ubuntu is not supported.  It is listed on their website for both automatic and manual installations.
  • Sorry! Yes, Precise 12.04 is supported. Trusty 14.04 is not as it's simply too new. Use Wheezy. This isn't a fanboy statement so please don't read into it as such. If you absolutely must tinker on local hardware, maybe use Precise. Otherwise, just use Debian 7 on a reliable cloud server/VPS and stop forcing a square peg in a round hole.

https://www.sourcefabric.org/en/airtime/download/

Requirements
    • PostgresSQL database management and
    • Debian Wheezy or
    • Ubuntu Linux 12.04 LTS 
    • For a server edition OS, minimum 1 GHz processor and 512 MB of RAM
    • For a desktop edition, minimum 1GB of RAM

• Thank you for getting back to me.  I will try precise, if that is not very stable, I will use wheezy.  Is that 7.7 or 7.8? 
  • I too just installed (on12.04) and have the same issue.  Also, after changing a setting and clicking the save or OK buttons, nothing happens.  When adding media to a show the screen goes gray but never comes back to live.  If you then click ok and go back into the show, the new media is there.  I have let it sit for about 30 minutes and nothing happens until you click ok.
  • I too just installed (on12.04) and have the same issue.  Also, after changing a setting and clicking the save or OK buttons, nothing happens.  When adding media to a show the screen goes gray but never comes back to live.  If you then click ok and go back into the show, the new media is there.  I have let it sit for about 30 minutes and nothing happens until you click ok.

This also could be related to https://dev.sourcefabric.org/browse/CC-5988