Butt 0.1.14 is dead with AIRTIME !!
  • Shit.. I missed a live broadcast because the last version (0.1.14) is not compatible with airtime !!

Download 0.1.13 version now here http://sourceforge.net/projects/butt/files/butt/
  • 18 Comments sorted by
  • I wrote with the developer, he said that butt sends a PUT request to the server to test if it is icecast 2.4 or earlier. A real icecast server before version 2.4 does not respond to a PUT, so the client will then try to send a SOURCE. The problem now is that airtime's liquidsoap harbor answers with a 404 which butt doesn't expect. So it hangs. Maybe this could be fixed in airtime.

To make it work with airtime, you just need to comment out the if.

src/icecast.cpp:

//if (i == 0)
            //{
                // Try PUT method first. Supported since icecast 2.4.0
            //    if(cfg.srv[cfg.selected_srv]->mount[0] != '/')
            //        snprintf(send_buf, sizeof(send_buf), "PUT /%s HTTP/1.1\r\n",
            //                cfg.srv[cfg.selected_srv]->mount);
            //    else
            //        snprintf(send_buf, sizeof(send_buf), "PUT %s HTTP/1.1\r\n",
            //                cfg.srv[cfg.selected_srv]->mount);
            //}
            //else
            //{

if(cfg.srv[cfg.selected_srv]->mount[0] != '/')
                    snprintf(send_buf, sizeof(send_buf), "SOURCE /%s HTTP/1.0\r\n",
                            cfg.srv[cfg.selected_srv]->mount);
                else
                    snprintf(send_buf, sizeof(send_buf), "SOURCE %s HTTP/1.0\r\n",
                            cfg.srv[cfg.selected_srv]->mount);
            //}

Post edited by Max Krüper at 2015-02-19 15:31:43
  • Yes, some kind of an issue there. I am also unable to connect to Airtime/Icecast2. I tested another server where I am running Centovacast/Shoutcast and that did work.

• Are you using 1.14 from a windows computer or virtual?
    I will correct my self I am using the deb 1.13.I too had an issue with 1.14

VOISSES
    19 to go

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Good catch guys
  • Just to confirm, 0.1.13 works and 0.1.14 is where this PUT behavior was added... correct?
  • I checked the source of 0.1.13 and it is as you said. The put comes in 0.1.14.

I tested 0.1.13 on windows and it works!
  • Should be a doddle for us to change that!
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • Anyhow I have a webrtc version nearly finished ;)

• Will it work with IE11 =))
  • It works with all up-to-date modern browsers and most phones. :) So no, it doesn't work with IE11 (they are late), without a plugin. Just the up-to-date ones are supported. :) Opera, Firefox, Chrome, Midori, Link2, Safari etc. are all fine.
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2015-02-20 11:45:57
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    John is available on github ?
    I'm really exited to test it ;-)
  • No its not. What I am trying to do is a web page for phone-in live broadcasts.
  • Hi! 
    I have BUTT and MIXX both installed in my pc and i am not able to connect it with airtimepro even after going through many videos and comments on this forum. 
    I am trying to go live on xikdunyo.airtime.pro
    1440 x 900 - 202K
    1440 x 900 - 121K
  • Have you forwarded port 8001 on your router to your pc? If not your router's firewall is blocking it.
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2015-02-23 06:30:05
  • Sakhi!! Your source connection address looks slightly wrong. Try http://xikdunyo.in.airtime.pro on port 8001. Also maybe double check that you didn't include the port number in the address box since there is a separate field for it.
    Post edited by Roger Wilco at 2015-02-23 19:50:17
  • Hi, has anyone tried this issue with Airtime 2.5.2?? is it still there?

cheers!
  • Yes, Matias - just now found this thread and discovered the PUT was our whole issue.  We are running the latest automatic install for Ubuntu and once we downgraded Butt, it works/connects fine now.
  • We switched to m3w streamer.  Works great.
    Butt only works directly with icecast2 now.