Every new month, first few days messed up
  • Hey guys,

I have a full schedule of linked files to unique shows running 24/7.

Have noticed a bug that every time a new month begins the first couple of days (Sun, Mon, Tue), all shows populate with no media files attached to them, and as they are weekly shows that are linked this repeats throughout the rest of the month.

So on the 1st of every month I have to re attach all of the media files to the Sun, Mon & Tue, shows or I will have 3 days of dead air.

Anybody know what is causing this bug?

• 13 Comments sorted by
  • This Issue is sparodic.
    I hope it fix soon and I have highlighted it

It still will occur again that fix is temporary

VOISSES
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-12-19 10:38:46
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Happens to me too. On one Friday the next week shows all full of content - The next week - the linked repeats and some others have no content. Somebody has asked me to price up the replacement of the whole calendar & scheduler (for a chain of retail stores) with another GPL system. If the price does not scare them off, I might do it. Seems like a hard job :(
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • workaround:

Pre-fill all shows again with your content.
    Then , in your airtime calendar, press the 'next week' button, and click a few times on it (not to fast, wait till the calendar is filled before pressing next week again), till you reach for example mid 2015.
    This way Airtime will fill the shows till mid 2015, and you won't have this problem
    Before mid 2015 arrives, you will need to do that again.
     Seems that airtime only fills the shows  when you point your calendar to it. (bad design , if this is the case..as this functionality must be part of the 'backend', and not of the 'frontend')
    That workaround works fine for me, and till now the problem disappeared over here.

Disadvantage: the next months will be loaded in the database. That makes your database slow. If you then want to delete content from a show, this can take some time. So therefore, don't load the calendar till 2020 :) (I didn't check yet how I could improve the database, that's for later)
    But this disadvantage is a price that I'm willing to pay..(dead air is unacceptable)

Post edited by Bart at 2014-12-19 17:44:17
    Schelstraete Bart - http://www.contact-dance.com
  • If this holds true for the monthly view too .. this explains above beginning of the month stuff even better.
  • This is also valid for the monthly view and daily view. (doesn't matter which view you are using actually).I just mentioned week view, cause that's what I use ;)
    Give it a try, doesn't hurt I guess :)
    As said, it works for me..

Post edited by Bart at 2014-12-20 04:18:44
  • If I can find some time this weekend, I will go digging to find the update repeating-show-content code and try to fix it. Maybe it just needs to be in modal mode while it updates. Not sure that can be done in Ajax/Json.
  • Did the workaround also work for you John?
  • The bug occurs usually on the day after your "start of week".

I've done something slightly different but combined it with Barts idea; for linked shows I set an end date a few weeks ahead (or at end of month); put the content in and then fill up the calendar as he suggests. This seems to be working as it should; and also means if I do have to delete items from multiple shows it doesn't take too long.

There appears to be some issues with whatever goes between the "pretty bits" on the screen and the "heavy iron" at the database where if there is any intermittent connection (such as a laptop on wireless) some important requests just get dropped and there is no check against them.

If I change a show other than its episode content (my content is mostly pre-recorded EDM shows with just a TOH jingle package before them) for instance changing the order at which some shows happen I delete the whole lot (all the instances) and add a new show with the content.

if there could any way of creating an "advance warning" of this (even if the bug cannot immediately be fixed) I think it would help a lot of people.

Alex The Engineer @ rtn VFRmedia - Ipswich, UK
    http://www.vfrmedia.co.uk
  • >>There appears to be some issues with whatever goes between the "pretty
    bits" on the screen and the "heavy iron" at the database where if there
    is any intermittent connection (such as a laptop on wireless) some
    important requests just get dropped and there is no check against them.

I can confirm this behaviour. It seems to rely on JSON/AJAX calls to update the database. If the connection fails during this, I have noticed database corruption. The page freezes. This results in later'duplicated shows - and worse.

We need to make a bug report for this.
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2015-02-05 08:18:23
  • This as worked 100% for me since December.

I can even cancelled or edit show instance

It should work for all novice and intermediary(like myself) who have just install and never touch any database or script

Glad I am not poking around the system all I do is add things via a plug in method so I can decouple it should an error or something occur

VOISSES
    15  to go or like 5 days to go still searching for answers

Title   :  Work
    Artist  : Bob Marley & the Wailers
    Album : Uprising
    Year    :
    Label   : Tuff Gong
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • It is certainly better than it was, but still hapens.
  • Nice one Bart I'll give that a try! :)

It is very annoying, especially when you have sometimes 20+ shows in a 24hr period. Takes quite a bit of time to reassign everything.

If this works out then the slow db is a small price to pay for the extra legwork.
  • Sorry forgot to report back, but if anybody else is looking how to fix this bug, Bart's suggestion works a treat ;)