Problems with Airtime alongside Centovacast
  • Hello folks.

I have a dedicated server in which I am running Centovacast and Icecast. I am trying to install Airtime on the same machine. I understand that I have to change the ports as Centovacast is already utilizing port 8000 and above. I've changed the port to 7999 and changed configs following information on this forum. However I still get the same FAILED results.

Here is my output:

sudo airtime-check-system
    [sudo] password for desktop:
    AIRTIME_STATUS_URL             = http://ns506811.ip-142-4-209.net:7999/api/status/format/json/api_key/%%api_key%%
    AIRTIME_SERVER_RESPONDING      = OK
    KERNEL_VERSION                 = 3.10.23-xxxx-std-ipv6-64
    MACHINE_ARCHITECTURE           = x86_64
    TOTAL_MEMORY_MBYTES            = 8067556
    TOTAL_SWAP_MBYTES              = 523260
    AIRTIME_VERSION                = 2.5.1
    OS                             = Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS x86_64
    CPU                            = Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2130 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    WEB_SERVER                     = Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu)
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_PROCESS_ID      = FAILED
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_RUNNING_SECONDS = 0
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_MEM_PERC        = 0%
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_CPU_PERC        = 0%
    -- Displaying log file /var/log/airtime/pypo/pypo.log
    -- 2015-02-01 04:50:26,997 ERROR - [pypocli.py : <module>() : line 239] -
    -- 2015-02-01 04:50:36,998 DEBUG - [api_client.py : __call__() : line 134] - http://ns506811.ip-142-4-209.net:7999/api/register-component/format/json/api_key/1AHUAB50EM9RX3WKJHGN/component/pypo
    -- 2015-02-01 04:50:37,021 ERROR - [pypocli.py : <module>() : line 239] -
    -- 2015-02-01 04:50:47,022 DEBUG - [api_client.py : __call__() : line 134] - http://ns506811.ip-142-4-209.net:7999/api/register-component/format/json/api_key/1AHUAB50EM9RX3WKJHGN/component/pypo
    -- 2015-02-01 04:50:47,042 ERROR - [pypocli.py : <module>() : line 239] -
    --
    --
    LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID          = FAILED
    LIQUIDSOAP_RUNNING_SECONDS     = 0
    LIQUIDSOAP_MEM_PERC            = 0%
    LIQUIDSOAP_CPU_PERC            = 0%
    -- Displaying log file /var/log/airtime/pypo-liquidsoap/ls_script.log
    -- 2015/02/01 04:50:53 [stdout:3]
    -- 2015/02/01 04:50:53 [stdout:3] #########################################
    -- 2015/02/01 04:50:53 [stdout:3] #           *** pypo  ***               #
    -- 2015/02/01 04:50:53 [stdout:3] #     pypo notification gateway         #
    -- 2015/02/01 04:50:53 [stdout:3] #########################################
    --
    --
    MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID       = FAILED
    MEDIA_MONITOR_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 0
    MEDIA_MONITOR_MEM_PERC         = 0%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_CPU_PERC         = 0%
    -- Displaying log file /var/log/airtime/media-monitor/media-monitor.log
    -- 2015-02-01 04:50:28,190 ERROR - [Thread-1] [launcher.py : run()] : LINE 94 -
    -- 2015-02-01 04:50:38,197 DEBUG - [Thread-1] [api_client.py : __call__()] : LINE 134 - http://ns506811.ip-142-4-209.net:7999/api/register-component/format/json/api_key/1AHUAB50EM9RX3WKJHGN/component/media-monitor
    -- 2015-02-01 04:50:38,221 ERROR - [Thread-1] [launcher.py : run()] : LINE 94 -
    -- 2015-02-01 04:50:48,231 DEBUG - [Thread-1] [api_client.py : __call__()] : LINE 134 - http://ns506811.ip-142-4-209.net:7999/api/register-component/format/json/api_key/1AHUAB50EM9RX3WKJHGN/component/media-monitor
    -- 2015-02-01 04:50:48,254 ERROR - [Thread-1] [launcher.py : run()] : LINE 94 -
    --
    --
    -- There appears to be a problem with your Airtime installation.
    -- Please visit http://wiki.sourcefabric.org/x/HABQ

Any help solving this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • 16 Comments sorted by
  • Look for my post on virtual hosting.It seems to be your issue

VOISSES

Plea
    Help me to reach my Goal of 1000 post
    I will soon Quit this Forum
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Hello VOISSES, thank you for your reply. As I said on my post I had already followed instructions found on this forum and it was yours precisely. I am still getting the same error no matter what. 
  • So lets go down the list of things like a check list (tell me what you have  or don't have)

First lets check apache

• do you have  at least 3 Listen ports in ports conf
    sudo pico /etc/apache2/ports.conf

it should look at least like this

Listen 8000
    Listen 7999

<IfModule ssl_module>
            Listen 443
    </IfModule>

<IfModule mod_gnutls.c>
            Listen 443
    </IfModule>

• Do you have at least 3 separate virtual host like this

sudo pico /etc/apache2/sites-available/airtime-vhost.conf

<VirtualHost *:443> #directives </VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:8000> #directives </VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:7999> #directives </VirtualHost>

• What are the SERVERNAME directives for each it should be ns506811.ip-142-4-209.net

• What are your /etc/hosts saying? do you have

sudo pico /etc/hosts
    127.0.0.1             localhost
    127.0.1.1            ns506811.ip-142-4-209.net
    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  ns506811.ip-142-4-209.net

Sorry Al ,I missed the IPV6 classes so you can email me the notes

The Last instructions is what tells apache how to find  ns506811.ip-142-4-209.net

So Now lets turn to the Airtime Configuration

• Do you have for your api clients

sudo pico /etc/airtime/api_client.cfg
    Most of the things generated here is automatic,you only need to change the base port and base url

host = ns506811.ip-142-4-209.net
    base_port = 7999
    base_dir = /
    • Do you have for your Airtime conf
    sudo pico /etc/airtime/airtime.conf

Most of the things generated here is automatic,you only need to change the base port and base url
    This is where most of the hicups happen pay attention to the  highlighted  areas

[database]
    host = localhost
    dbname = xxxxx*
    dbuser = xxxxx*
    dbpass = xxxxx*

[rabbitmq]
    host = 127.0.0.1
    port = 5672
    user = xxxxx*
    password = abcdefcalling*
    vhost = /airtime

[general]
    api_key = wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww*
    web_server_user = www-data
    airtime_dir = /usr/share/airtime
    base_url = ns506811.ip-142-4-209.net
    base_port = 7999
    base_dir = /
    cache_ahead_hours = 1

[monit]
    monit_user = guest
    monit_password = xxxxx*

[soundcloud]
    connection_retries = 3
    time_between_retries = 60

Now there are only few obvious questions to Ask

• Do you have a firewall or some routing (NAT) you need to port forward all three ports 443,7999 and 8000 for inbound and outbound for tcp connections
    • Did you restart your Apache after configuration
    • Did you issue a reboot so that Airtime itself can restart .If you are on a VPS they usually tell you how to do what is known as a "soft restart".There is so much terms for this I could not list them

So you did all that and nothing works you have to reinstall (so painful)

Here is what you do to ease that pain (or take two tablets)

• sudo apt-get remove airtime && sudo apt-get purge airtime && sudo apt-get autoremove
    • sudo apt-get install airtime
    • pay key attention to when it ask "do you want to remove the default virtual configuration" chose no it will send everything to port 80
    • Then within 1 minute you should be able to reconfigure your api client and airtime configuration as describe above so if you have a webserver on port 80 they might just be inconvenience about 10 or so minute

only your playlist and schedule you need to re -input

VOISSES

When I  reached at 1000 post

I will quit this forum  so get help fast

and help me to reach that goal

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2015-02-03 01:18:33
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • Thank you Voisses. First let me apologize I had some stuff come up and I was unable to follow up on this until today. I started off following all your directions, you are a genius sir. Now I get this:

desktop@ns506811:~$ sudo airtime-check-system
    AIRTIME_STATUS_URL             = http://ns506811.ip-142-4-209.net:7999/api/status/format/json/api_key/%%api_key%%
    AIRTIME_SERVER_RESPONDING      = OK
    KERNEL_VERSION                 = 3.10.23-xxxx-std-ipv6-64
    MACHINE_ARCHITECTURE           = x86_64
    TOTAL_MEMORY_MBYTES            = 8067556
    TOTAL_SWAP_MBYTES              = 523260
    AIRTIME_VERSION                = 2.5.1
    OS                             = Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS x86_64
    CPU                            = Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2130 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    WEB_SERVER                     = Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu)
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_PROCESS_ID      = 4520
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_RUNNING_SECONDS = 5853
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_MEM_PERC        = 0.2%
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_CPU_PERC        = 0.0%
    LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID          = 26491
    LIQUIDSOAP_RUNNING_SECONDS     = 3142
    LIQUIDSOAP_MEM_PERC            = 0.2%
    LIQUIDSOAP_CPU_PERC            = 0.9%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID       = 4504
    MEDIA_MONITOR_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 5853
    MEDIA_MONITOR_MEM_PERC         = 0.2%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_CPU_PERC         = 0.0%
    -- Your installation of Airtime looks OK!
    desktop@ns506811:~$

Thereafter I followed your directions on Virtual Hosting where now within my dedicated server if I go to localhost it goes to the blank page like its supposed to and if i go to localhost:7999 I get my airtime so up to that point all is fine.

However now I have a new problem. I can see my airtime from within my dedicated server only. If i try to go to http://ns506811.ip-142-4-209.net:7999 from a browser outside my server it redirects me to localhost/login for which case i get a 404 error since my local machine "localhost" is not where I'm trying to go.

What could be the problem? I hope you have not yet reached your 100 posts and will be able to help :)

Also I've checked my Centovacast installation and all seems fine and unaffected there as far as I can tell.

Thank you in advance.
  • "If i try to go to http://ns506811.ip-142-4-209.net:7999 from a browser outside my server it redirects me to localhost/login"

so there is the problem

you can only access via  https://ns506811.ip-142-4-209.net a secure layer

so you have a number of options but the easiest I can think of is port forward
    so forward port 443
    like this post https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/comment/31090#Comment_31090

VOISSES
    4 to go
  • "you are a genius sir."
    Just a touch of it Read my signature.

And Guess what we all are geniuses,cause without you having a problem,I could not imagine how to explain to solve it

I live by quotes and one of my famous is

""Management is when you are given something or a task you demolish it and make a new one that suits you therefore it only last for a time.

Leadership is where you take something or a task and make it into a beauty which last a lifetime!

Management is a dream,Leadership is a vision.?"

Too often we have the solutions for all wrong but never how to be strong

but what the Heck Let me gloat

Oh Lord it's hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me
    :-B (*) (*) :-bd \:D/ ^:)^

VOISSES
    3 to Go

Title : It's Hard To Be Humble
    Artist : Mac Davis
    Genre  : Country Music
    label  :
    Year   :1942
  • Hello Voisses you will get your 100 today I think. 

I actually figured out the url problem. If I use the actual IP with port 7999 I can get into airtime.

Now I have other problems I can't figure out.

1. It seems as my airtime is connected to the stream fine as shown on the attached pictures. However if i schedule a show none of the songs will play. ON AIR stays on for about 5 seconds then it goes off and nothing gets streamed to the shoutcast server. Also there is no sound on Airtime.

2. I have my library set up but none of the songs play when I click preview the player will not start.

Any help will be appreciated.
    Post edited by Jorge Lopez at 2015-02-15 13:20:51
  • Permission problem
    look at this post

One sec whilee I find it

• Your music directory should have at least permission for 775 (rwx-rwx-x) but for testing or locally you can do 777

sudo chmod 777 -R /path/to/song directory

Make sure if you have the music folder in the web directory you change the ownership of the directory to the web directory owner

sudo chown www-data:www-data -R /path/to/music

you need to use -R options so that all sub folder are affected

and where www-data is the owner of the web directory

Now if that does not solve it look at some logs

sudo airtime-log -t liquidsoap

or

tail -f /var/logs/airtime/pypo-liquidsoap/ls_script.log

if you have a "non mod" installation

Non-mod means it has none of my shenanigans for silence ie.cheat sheets to conqueror silence

and the obvious question you have some songs schedule then your songs should be queue in cache

I think its

# cd  /var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler

then type
    ls -l

and you should see a list of music queue to be played
    they are like
    2345.mp3,4567.mp3 and so on............

VOISSES
    2 to Go

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2015-02-15 13:42:39
  • Voisses I should add that my entire library is on watched folder not stor folder. But I tried uploading a file to stor folder and same result no playback.
  • liquidsoap gives this error so this could be the problem

desktop@ns506811:~$ sudo airtime-log -t liquidsoap
    [sudo] password for desktop: 
    Tail liquidsoap log2015/02/15 13:45:00 [server:3] New client: localhost.localdomain.
    2015/02/15 13:45:00 [server:3] Client localhost.localdomain disconnected.
    2015/02/15 13:45:10 [server:3] New client: localhost.localdomain.
    2015/02/15 13:45:10 [server:3] Client localhost.localdomain disconnected.
    2015/02/15 13:45:20 [server:3] New client: localhost.localdomain.
    2015/02/15 13:45:20 [server:3] Client localhost.localdomain disconnected.
    2015/02/15 13:45:30 [server:3] New client: localhost.localdomain.
    2015/02/15 13:45:30 [server:3] Client localhost.localdomain disconnected.
    2015/02/15 13:45:40 [server:3] New client: localhost.localdomain.
    2015/02/15 13:45:40 [server:3] Client localhost.localdomain disconnected.
    2015/02/15 13:45:50 [server:3] New client: localhost.localdomain.
    2015/02/15 13:45:50 [server:3] Client localhost.localdomain disconnected.
    2015/02/15 13:46:00 [server:3] New client: localhost.localdomain.
    2015/02/15 13:46:00 [server:3] Client localhost.localdomain disconnected.
    2015/02/15 13:46:10 [server:3] New client: localhost.localdomain.
    2015/02/15 13:46:10 [server:3] Client localhost.localdomain disconnected.

• yes that's why you need to fill the steps above

most time we upload files and as long as its not to the main folder (usually default /srv/) it takes permission of the user or root and so Airtime can read them but nothing else them unless the permissions are change

if they are playing tough just make pypo become the owner and definitely they wil bow to liquidsoap command

sudo chown pypo:pypo -R /path/to/music

or you could make your user  a member of the pypo group
  • You are great! We are one step closer. I've changed my permissions on music folder now they are playing :)

However Most of my files seem corrupt. Notice the one song's real length compared to the length Airtime is reporting. When I play the file only the amount of time Airtime is reporting gets played.

• The file length is a bug in Airtime import somewhere. It's very annoying.

No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • Voisses if I do sudo chown pypo:pypo -R /home/desktop/Music they no longer play but if i leave it as sudo chown desktop:desktop -R /home/desktop/Music with www-data as group with read and write permissions then audio plays fine. 

John, any way to fix it?

Also I just noticed uploaded files to /srv/airtime/stor get successfully uploaded but not recognized by airtime
  • I found  that if you upload in the same kbs as the final output stream via icecast - it gets it right. Upload a file of 96kbs and output at 128k and a quarter of the file doesnt play. At least that's what I find.

I guess someone is using the wrong variable.

Post edited by John Chewter at 2015-02-15 14:20:55
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.