Airtime reads 2 hour MP3 as 1 hour, despite preview seeing the full 2 hours.
  • On our station some shows send in a pre-record that we schedule.

A show coming up later today is actually 2hours in length but when uploaded to Airtime it shows the MP3 length as 1:00:00 exactly. Previewing the file within Airtime shows the correct MP3 length and you can skim along the timeline anywhere.

But scheduling the show it only shows up as an hour, and has the yellow highlight added to the show, indicating there is some content but not enough content.

How do I get Airtime to recognise this 2 hour MP3 as what is. Seems strange that it reads it as exactly 1:00:00 when it is actually 2: 01:20 in length.

Any ideas? 
    Post edited by Mike Darkfloor at 2014-10-14 06:18:35
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Is anyone able to shed some light on this?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert SantoniAlbert Santoni
    Hi Mike,

Are you on Ubuntu 14.04 by any chance?

We just identified a bug in the "silan" utility that Airtime uses to determine cue in/out points (and file durations) that sounds very similar to this: https://dev.sourcefabric.org/browse/CC-5987

I've tried to contact the upstream developer of silan and I'll update that bug ticket once we figure out what the best solution to this is.

Thanks,
    Albert
    Airtime Developer @ Sourcefabric
  • This Maybe valuable

https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/comment/31253#Comment_31253

it show how to upgrade the silian

VOISSES
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert SantoniAlbert Santoni
    I filed an upstream bug in silan and Robin has provided a new build that resolves this problem:

You can download that statically compiled binary for yourself to get an immediate fix, but we'll also try to get an updated silan DEB package into our repository ASAP...
    Airtime Developer @ Sourcefabric