Web interface hangs and do not respond
  • Hello all,

First, thank you for this amazing software.

Now the problem. My airtime installation has been working great, but suddenly, the web interface hangs in a very weird way and the buttons do not respond. By weird I mean, the interface hangs but the server is idle and if I login from a different web browser the web interface works again for another two or three clicks.

Also, the MasterSource button or the ShowSource button do not work. The server is a virtual machine only running Airtime and a little static webpage that works without problem.

I tried to reboot the machine but nothing changes.

AIRTIME_SERVER_RESPONDING      = OK
    KERNEL_VERSION                 = 3.2.0-4-amd64
    MACHINE_ARCHITECTURE           = x86_64
    TOTAL_MEMORY_MBYTES            = 1026720
    TOTAL_SWAP_MBYTES              = 0
    AIRTIME_VERSION                = 2.5.1
    OS                             = Debian GNU/Linux 7.3 (wheezy) x86_64
    CPU                            = QEMU Virtual CPU version 1.1.2
    WEB_SERVER                     = Apache/2.2.22 (Debian)
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_PROCESS_ID      = 2783
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_RUNNING_SECONDS = 142582
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_MEM_PERC        = 2.2%
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_CPU_PERC        = 0.4%
    LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID          = 2971
    LIQUIDSOAP_RUNNING_SECONDS     = 142577
    LIQUIDSOAP_MEM_PERC            = 3.8%
    LIQUIDSOAP_CPU_PERC            = 11.4%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID       = 2776
    MEDIA_MONITOR_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 142582
    MEDIA_MONITOR_MEM_PERC         = 1.5%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_CPU_PERC         = 0.0%
    -- Your installation of Airtime looks OK!

root@radio:~# uptime
     17:39:19 up 1 day, 15:37,  1 user,  load average: 0,36, 0,33, 0,32

• 12 Comments sorted by
  • I would first look at Upgrading your ram.
    You are on bare minimum .
    On my machine with even 4GB when I am uploading  media,I cannot do anything else until its finished

Not the case with my 8GB.

VOISSES
    Can You Hear Me

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Hi,

I think is the ram is not the problem. The server still has memory unused and has been working well for like a year.

Regards.
  • Can you make it work from a friend's machine'? If it does I would suspect a virus or other malware. These often hide their presence from the windows memory manager and if you come close to filling virtual memory - stuff like this happens.

You could also try doubling your machine's virtual memory paging file. If that works I would still be worried about malware.

No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • Reinstalling airtime all works again. I will keep an eye on it just in case.
    BTW do you know how mantain the configuration of airtime between installations? Where can I get this info?

Thanks.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    backup your database ;-)
  • I reinstalled Airtime but not the database. But I had to reconfigure the streams and passwords.
    When airtime is started the first time it truncates the database?
  • Streams and passwords are stored in files not the database.
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-01-14 09:06:54
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    the more important are into the database ;-)
    but effectively streams and icecast passwords are not saved into database
    Post edited by Albert FR at 2014-01-14 09:30:05
  • I have experienced similar after recently installing Airtime and then changing the servers hostname. It was all working perfectly until I changed the hostname. So I suspect it has something to do with that.

If this is the cause, it's a pity that Airtime doesn't dynamically update the configuration(s) as well as whatever else is dependent on the hostname.

I think I'm going to have to reinstall Airtime to resolve this.
  • I think you would just have to change the Apache virtual hosts config files in /etc/apache2 to match the new domain/IP and then it would probably work. This would be normal for any server with these changes. I do not see this as an Airtime issue at all. It is an uncompleted Apache/Linux reconfig issue.
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2015-01-18 07:01:35
  • @Tony Taggalucci
    You need to change these

/etc/airtime/api_client.cfg change the host and port

/etc/airtime/airtime.conf
    • Only change the general sections to your host and port
    • rabbitmq host should be 127.0.0.1 (this is because it resolves by IP so localhost will cause ubnpredictable results)

• database host should be localhost

in your virtual host
    • your vitual host port 443  and port 80 or whatever( if you use a different port you need to include in apache/ports conf)

• ServerName to your hostname

• but also change your port 80 or whatever redirect to your hostname

Reference

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2015-01-19 16:53:02
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • @Tony Taggalucci wrote

"If this is the cause, it's a pity that Airtime doesn't dynamically update the configuration(s) as well as whatever else is dependent on the hostname."

Most third parties and non-stock application you will either have to write a script or conf to do change these especially when you use more than one service as in this case rabbitmq,database,monit etc.

"I think I'm going to have to reinstall Airtime to resolve this."

I use to do that but remember Linux is dynamic (there is some serious change even in 14.04) and it may not all the time be practical to reinstall so here is my tutorial and you will see how frustrated I was.It may be good to know the fix

VOISSES