Uploading Files issue (intermittent media monitor)
  • Hi All,
    Running Airtime 2.5.1 on Ubuntu LTS 12.04 (precise).

We are running 24/7, play out is great, no real issues. We are working Airtime decently, and it is behaving very well for the most part.

Lately, We've noticed that the occasional file upload (via the GUI) will stop after a few files. If I restart the media monitor, the files will appear, but only after I restart the media monitor. airtime-check-system shows no issues:

AIRTIME_STATUS_URL             = http://peach:80/api/status/format/json/api_key/%%api_key%%

AIRTIME_SERVER_RESPONDING      = OK

KERNEL_VERSION                 = 3.2.0-48-generic-pae

MACHINE_ARCHITECTURE           = i686

TOTAL_MEMORY_MBYTES            = 4114392

TOTAL_SWAP_MBYTES              = 4183036

AIRTIME_VERSION                = 2.5.1

OS                             = Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS i686

CPU                            = Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     E7400  @ 2.80GHz

WEB_SERVER                     = Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu)

PLAYOUT_ENGINE_PROCESS_ID      = 1732

PLAYOUT_ENGINE_RUNNING_SECONDS = 458581

PLAYOUT_ENGINE_MEM_PERC        = 0.2%

PLAYOUT_ENGINE_CPU_PERC        = 0.0%

LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID          = 3263

LIQUIDSOAP_RUNNING_SECONDS     = 457990

LIQUIDSOAP_MEM_PERC            = 0.7%

LIQUIDSOAP_CPU_PERC            = 14.9%

MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID       = 6851

MEDIA_MONITOR_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 630

MEDIA_MONITOR_MEM_PERC         = 0.9%

MEDIA_MONITOR_CPU_PERC         = 0.9%

-- Your installation of Airtime looks OK!

I have seen this problem in posts dating back over a year ago, but none of the fixes (other than restarting the media-monitor) are practical. I'm not interested in wiping the library and starting over if it can at all be helped, there are too many files, and it would be a nightmare...

Anyhow, I have included the most recent media monitor log, which has me restarting the media monitor at 2015-01-05 21:36:22 or so.

I see that there are some processes that keep saying things like 'We have 34 requests waiting to be launched' and 'Attempting request with 450 items'... not sure if that's a clue or not... Anyhow, I have attached the file.

If anyone can shed some light on this, it would be much appreciated. I'm a software guy, but not super proficient at sys admin, but I can manage.... I just don't want to have to restart the media monitor every hour while my dis are uploading music/files.

Thanks in advance!
    dave
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • What does TOP say when it starts to jam up?
  • Are you referring to the unix 'top' command?
  • Nothing out of the ordinary. airtime-liquidsoap is running and occupies the most CPU (18-20% according to the top command). There is nothing worth mentioning about any other application that is running. My top is reading out every second, and nothing is using much more than 2% CPU here.

I watched the /tmp/plupload directory, and a large file appeared, then disappeared.
    The /srv/airtime/stor/organize directory saw some activity
    The album eventually ended up in /srv/airtime/stor/imported/6/...... but only 2 tracks are here out of the original 10 or so, and nothing in the library. So the other tracks are in limbo? If I restart the media-monitor, they will eventually show up (this is the pattern).

Does that info help?
  • Do no Airtime Developers have anything to say about this? If there is something simple I can do to prevent this from happening on a regular basis, it would certainly reduce the amount of time I need to spend maintaining our online stream.  Thanks in advance!

• I'm having the same problem, there is another thread here :
    https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/comment/32340#Comment_32340
  • Debian is not one of the named supported versions for 2.5.1
    However, the very latest 2.5.2.1 of this week  seems to have a few fixes for Debian.
    See last post in this thread. https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/17333/airtime-2-5-2-released

No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • Hi John,
    I'm not sure if I'm missing something to take from your follow-up here, but I'm not running Debian, so I'm not sure how that is relevant? Is that version of ubuntu considered Debian?