My business is suffering. How is yours?
  • 54 Comments sorted by
  • Stability improvements would be welcome as well

Let me Grab a seat.
    I install airtime in a machine in September 2012 ,I never touch it , Never even look it .Never even clean dust off it.

The station studio is located 64 miles from the Server and even whenthe studio went out in hurricance Sandy the server was still playing.

Not Airtime you talking about,NO no.You must be crazy than I think

I ju went this
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Now remember student what they always say

"You Throw stone in animal pen and the First animal which cry out,is the one that got hit."
    that is why you should not throw stone.*
    * this is not meant to refer to any human-being as animal or to harm any animal or human in any way,it is an analogy

Sometimes the wrong person will get hit

I hereby recommend Peter Tosh's Song Glass House

Here is a post above and I will highlight the statement

It's now 2015, and we still have no update. What's happening with the fork idea? Pretty much the only reason we're using Airtime right now is because of cost savings. If we could afford two servers, we would be running SAM or, hell, maybe we'll hookup an iPod connected via the headphone jack -- there's a one server solution. The iPod would be orders of magnitude more reliable than the glorified hodge-podge-pile-of-bugs-front-end-for-LiquidSoap: Airtime. Using Airtime in its current incarnation for a commercial station would be a definite no-no at this point in time. We're a non-profit station, so if our programming isn't perfect and if Airtime is glitchy, it doesn't really matter. For instance, sometimes Airtime will skip back to a previously played song all by itself (you can actually see the highlighted marker jump back). Other times if you add tracks to a show, it will jump back to a previously played song. The UI is complete crap, no Jukebox feature, 24 hour "shows" paradigm is completely stupid, and no play/pause/FF/rewind. It really amazes me how many years this thing has been under development and how awful the software functions. Sourcefabric is not interested in us, the community, and their responses are completely out of touch with reality. I have been involved in many different software circles over the years and have communicated with thousands upon thousands of people both in person and over email, chat, etc., so I know what good communication is. It's not happening here, and I'm not expecting it to.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -Albert Einstein

Clearly This shows they do not even understand the purpose of the software and that it is a cloud base remote solution and that even though some features is ideal and will someday be an integral part of a plug-in or module ,the current emphasis is Remote

* this is not meant to refer to any human-being as animal or to harm any animal or human in any way,it is an analogy
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2015-01-07 07:31:59
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • Now Let Me say this a million trillion times

From day One I suggest to people

• If you are a small station,do not through out your media playout such as itunes,virtual dj etc just integrate airtime into the flow,it does all your web features,the terrestrial part is solely hardware
    •  If you are medium with remote dj etc Airtime is your thing
    •  If you are large then you are willing to customize the thing the way you want.

Most people here do not understand the intricacy of radio and even when they do they are still playing "Devil Advocacy"

I have refereed people to the Airtime Team for support and they have been please.

Please ignore the criers,who fail to garner sufficient knowledge.

Here is a simple example

I have used Untangled for a number of Years.They have a community version where you as an individual with workable solution,you publish it for others and likewise.

I Hope Airtime will see the Commercial value of its software and Do not just call this Open Source but Community Version "Its As Is"and do employ and engineer if you serious about Radio

This Forum Now is getting too popular with Free loaders who have nothing,Yes nothing to Contribute

And some of us who contribute are seeking miracle or it have Airtime our way

Sad Ain't it

I leave Crying like all the cry babies.

Just kidding

VOISSES at your service

Ps. I do not drink no form of alcohol,My reason Th last time I did I woke up and found myself where I do not want to be.It also runs in my family,a trait I never want to inherit,I am health and other concern,but I just approach this thread on some others that way.

I am Conscientiousness,Pragamatic and Fun to be around.

I Laugh a lot,a problem solver and look at life with a zest. Never feel it will end but when it do we should be  happy

Cry when a baby is born and be happy when we pass. because the baby will have all the evil to face.

Please do not misinterpret me

I am like a purist no drugs,no alcohol,nothing that impaired me from thinking correctly"

Love You All

VOISSES

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2015-01-07 08:06:27
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Josh McLainJosh McLain
    I appreciate how passionate you all are about Airtime but this thread doesn't appear to be productive anymore so we're closing it.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions